The Heroes of Olympus Masters of the Comb and Keeper

snowflakes989 posted on Jan 07, 2013 at 04:27AM
Hey guys! Snow here. So Rainbow and I have decided to write a forum together, about our own demigods. Read on to find out what happens to Teresa, who she is, and later, another girl that changes her life.

This first chapter is by Rainbow, edited by me, and I hope you all enjoy! We will take turns posting/writing. Please comment, it would mean a lot!

For all of you ultimate spammers out there like moi, spam is permitted. :)

Teresa's pov.
Chapter 1

My name is Teresa Burne. If you think your life is weird, wait until you see mine. You would think that a thirteen-year-old teenage girl would be shopping with friends all day long, putting on makeup, and dating some really hot guy. Sorry to disappoint you, but I am nothing like that.
When I was two, my dad left my mom and me. I have no memory of him, other than the feeling of powerful, dark eyes, staring down at me with love. Then my mom married George Goof (I'm not kidding about his name). He was okay for the first year, then after they had twin girls, he started hating me. I don't know why. Probably because my mom always cared for me more than my step-sisters. Then she died. The police say that she died in a car accident, but I know better. It was my fault, and George knows it. I mean, I wasn't with her when she died, but the night before, I saw a dark shadow- in the form of a bird? Lady?-in my room. It was probably just my jacket or something, but my mom freaked. She started muttering and blaming herself, like she knew what was going to happen and it was her fault. The next morning, I saw it again, and again, and again. Not just in my room, but almost as if it was following me. I went hysterical, and my mom decided to get medicine for me. Then she died.
You're probably thinking, “It's not your fault. It was just an accident.” Sorry, but you're wrong. The shadow visited me again, and now there were more than one. The night my mom died, they started whispering, Ήταν όλες σας τις βλάβη. Σας σκότωσε τη μητέρα. Only later did I realize they were saying, It was all your fault. You killed your mother. And I knew in my guts, they were right.
George and my step-sisters have hated me ever since.

My day started normally enough, or as normal as you can get in my household. I got out of bed and went into the kitchen, passing George's room along the way. Guess what I saw? George and our housekeeper making out. Ugh. And yes, as much as I hate it, it happens all the time.
I ignored them and continued my journey to the kitchen. I snatched a bagel from Linda, the younger of the twins, and started eating. Jessy, who was really protective of her younger sister, threw a tissue box at me.
“Don't mess with my sister, you bully!” Jessy screamed.
I rolled my eyes. “Ten year olds,” I muttered. But I took out another bagel for Linda, toasted it, and took out butter as well. My step-sister watched me with big, round, shiny eyes as I spread butter on the bagel. “Here you go.” I handed her the warm, buttery bagel.
Linda took it tentatively and then bit hungrily into the bread.
Jessy looked at Linda with jealousy. “Can I have one too?”
I would've gladly grabbed Linda's buttered bagel and smashed it into Jessy's face, but I wasn't that mean. So I did the same for her, trying to ignore the boiling pot of annoyance in my stomach.
The clock chimed 7:30 am. Time for me to get out of this disgusting house. I grabbed my backpack and raced through the door, not bothering saying bye to George.
I sprinted down the street, enjoying the fresh, cold morning air. Wind slapped in my face, but the coldness felt refreshing. I stopped running as soon as the school was in sight.
Suddenly, I felt a chill down my spine. That was when my day drifted far from normal.

I fingered my necklace nervously, a simple silver chain with a dark blueish piece of jade, carved into the shape of three dragons entwined together. It was one of two gifts I got from my dad before he left. I never knew what the necklace was for, but my mom always said to keep them on, no matter where I was. The other gift was a pair of earrings. They were also jade, with the same dark blue color to it. But inside, there was a small red dot. I assumed they were important because they told omens. They started glowing and became burning hot right before my mom died in the car crash.
Now, I could feel my earring turn hot and panic tore through me. The burn almost felt like it was burning my skin, and with shaking fingers, I was able to take them off and stuff them in my pocket.
I looked around, wondering what would happen.
Nothing.
Then I looked up and my heart nearly stopped. The last time I saw the shadows was nearly five years ago. Now, here they are, hovering above me, so close I could reach out and touch them if I wanted to. I certainly didn't.
As I watched, the three shadows slowly began to spin, combining into one giant shadow. Two cruel-looking eyes appeared and looked at me with amusement, like I was a new toy it couldn't wait to play with. A mouth opened and black smoke spew from it and around me.
This is the end. This is the end. This is the end. This is the end.
I screamed and then I did something really strange, something even I couldn't explain. I held my earrings in front of me, palm facing the creature. I shouted at the top of my lungs, channeling all my anger into my hand and then BOOM!!
I was blasted backwards, skidding on my back. The shadows were gone and my backpack was two feet away from my feet.
Slowly but painfully, I sat up. I gently touched my back and winced. My finger came away with blood.
“Oh no,” I muttered, trying to fight back tears. “No, no.”
A honk threw me back into reality. I looked up in time to see two bright headlights bearing down at me. I grabbed my backpack and leaped just out of harm's way. I looked back just in time to see the car speed past me. I collapsed there, on the sidewalk, not sure whether to go home or continue to school.
In the distance, the first bell rang.
School, I decided. I got up, trying not to grimace, and limped towards the school.
First period science, I thought. Joy.

Once again, hope you enjoyed and please please post.

Shout outs to everyone who loves a good story. :)

The Heroes of Olympus 467 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 251-300 of 467

over a year ago mechdemigod said…
dont u two go to school together
over a year ago corrected said…
we're waiting patiently........... but ever since u started this story theres been bad communication between you (snowflake) and rainbow
mechdemigod commented…
yep, no offense over a year ago
over a year ago snowflakes989 said…
Don't worry, after all these years, we're used to it. We wont take offense. In fact, it's pretty amusing.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago rainbow_girl said…
ya. its fine. we communicate pretty well at school, but since snow doesnt check her email as often as i do(well, sometimes she just disappear for a few wks), so after we discuss at school, we forget and it gets messed up.
well always room 4 improvement
sad
Hello?
sry. umm... snow told me that shes no where close to finishing. we have finals this week, so not sure how this is gonna end up.
is ok everyone has finals we understand
mechdemigod commented…
sigh over a year ago
smile
thnx guys. u rock. :)
mechdemigod commented…
u and snow 2!oh and have u2 noticed corrected and i are the only ones really commenting? over a year ago
corrected commented…
dont tell them that!!!!!!! theyll stop writing! over a year ago
mechdemigod commented…
sry!!!!!!!! over a year ago
rainbow_girl commented…
lol. its ok. :) over a year ago
over a year ago yumalicious said…
Your story, it's gotten so long, I've been gone so long, but I'm back for good now!
mechdemigod commented…
yay!!!!!!! over a year ago
big smile
omg! yumalicious! UR BAAAACK!!! ive missed u!
smile
hey guys I just started a slugterra rp and would appreciate if you joined
sure. could u post the link?
i forget it but u can try searching live a life in slugterra rp
hello?
over a year ago thanathos13 said…
This story is good keep it up
hey guys look at this cute little guy
hey guys look at this cute little guy
and this one
and this one
oh and this one 2. Hammie wants your corn!!!!!!
oh and this one 2. Hammie wants your corn!!!!!!
OMG!! they're soooooooo cute!!!
soooo sorry for being gone. this is the last week of school, and after that both snow and i will be gone for vacation.
ugh, snow hasnt even replied to the email i sent. :P
smile
KK!!!!
KK!!!!
Just come back soon or hamie will get you! !!!!!!!!!!
OMG SO CUTE I WANT IT!
Sorry guys, thanks to you all for being so patient. Like Rainbow said, we're going to be gone for awhile, but heres the next part of the chappie!

Chapter 9
Angela

So. First day at camp. Just wonderful.

I got my first feel for Camp Half-Blood as Daniel and I walked around together, taking in the sights. I went to the Hermes cabin with Teresa and settled in. I sighed. At least dinner was much better than hanging out with Daniel the Dork.

The next day, he showed me to my first class, archery. Honestly, walking around with him made me feel…

I guess a bunch of you would guess romantic, right? Magical? Sparkling?

Here’s the truth, my friends. By the time we hit the lava wall, Daniel was just about ready to throw me onto it. I was ready to push him off of it.

We stood there, glaring at each other for a few tension-filled moments. A boy snickered as he passed by.

“Oh, shut up Eric,” Daniel complained.

Eric just rolled his eyes. He looked at me with pity. “I’m sorry you have to stick with this dork. Trust me. I experienced it first hand.

I couldn’t help but laugh, enjoying Daniel’s scarlet face.

Eric grinned at me, then ran off just as Daniel was about to lunge at him. He glared at me as I tried to catch my breath, my side hurting from laughing too hard.

Finally, Daniel left me, telling me to practice some archery and that he would be back later to show me to the armory to pick up some weapons.

An hour later, I stumbled out of archery class with a new knowledge in my head: My aim is terrible. I kept on hitting the target next to the one I was supposed to aim for.

I sighed and sat down. A few minutes later, I saw Daniel strolling up the path.

“You had a good time?” he teased, seeing how tired and frustrated I looked. At least he seemed to have forgotten about the previous… scene with Eric.

“Shut up,” I growled, not amused by his joke at all. He laughed at guided me to the Athena cabin.

“Back here, we store our weapons. It isn’t as magically reinforced as the Hephaestus cabin, but we have dependable stuff,” he said proudly. I nodded and followed him into the shack.

I saw what they had in there, and I felt my eyes grow wide. There were stacks of every imaginable weapon, everywhere.

“What do you prefer?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” I admitted. “Probably something that’s not that fancy, though.”

He nodded and began rummaging around the piles of stuff. After a brief search, he handed me a bronze dagger.

“Celestial bronze,” Daniel explained. “seventeen inches, stone grip, used by many demigods.”

I took it and placed it in my palm. I could feel how balanced the blade was, but it didn’t feel comfortable to me. Almost uncontrollably, I took a swing.

And realized that I nearly impaled Daniel. Not that I would have minded, of course.

“Watch it!’ Daniel yelped, his voice higher than usual. I stifled some giggles.

Sorry. I don’t think this fits me,” I apologized sheepishly.

“I would say so,” he huffed. He opened a chest and handed me a sword. I stared at its silver blade and the leather handle, decorated with silver jewels at the butt of the sword.

Daniel grinned when he saw me staring. “It’s called Reflector. Supposedly, when monsters look into the blade, they’re so overcome with fear that they drop. Nobody’s used it in a long time, though. Fifteen inches. Regal silver, which can kill both monsters and mortals. Leather grip, although I give you a newer piece of leather.”

I nodded and waited as he rewrapped the handle. I already felt a connection with it and my fingers were itching to try it out.

After what seemed like an eternity, he handed it back to me.

“This time, let’s step outside. And watch where you swing,” he instructed.

Rolling my eyes, I gripped the hilt and stepped outside. Already, it felt familiar to me. Taking a deep breath, I took a cautious swipe.

It felt amazing, like it was giving me energy. I grinned and started slashing with more force.

“I think it’s yours!” Daniel laughed. He drew his own blade and we began to parry, sword against sword. The autopilot mode I had felt fighting Mr. Navarro came back as I fluidly blocked his attacks.

Then just as suddenly, Daniel dropped his guard, his face drawn. I hurried over to his side.

“Are you okay? I didn’t accidently hit you, did I?” I anxiously asked. He shook his head, to shaken to speak.

I sat there for ten minutes, waiting for him to regain his composure. When it never came twenty minutes later, I was irritated.

“Daniel,” I spoke sharply. “What’s wrong with you? Pull yourself together!”

No response. I shoved his shoulder and was seriously considering hitting him with my new weapon when he shifted.

“Sorry,” he muttered. “But I think the name Reflector is right. I saw something in it.”

This caught my intrigue.

“What is it?” I ask as sweetly as I can. I had to know.

But he just shook his head.

I figured it was his business if he wanted to tell me, so I didn’t press him. I could already tell we were going to have a fun time insulting each other. It was obvious, no? He hated me. And likewise, that feeling was mutual.

“So,” Daniel finally managed. “Sword-fighting next. Give you a chance to work on your weapon.”

“Yes! Totally!” I agreed enthusiastically. I literally sprinted down the road.

I guess the fact that Nathan was the instructor helped too.

“Hi Nathan!” I exclaimed.

“Hey Angel!” he greeted back. I admit, my heart skipped a beat. I watched Daniel roll his eyes and walk away.

“Don’t be so mean,” I mouthed at him.

“Be back later,” was his only cool response. I shrugged, and turned my attention back to Nathan. I couldn’t help but admire his careless grace. He looked like a cool kid, popular and daring. It was easy for me to crush on him, new as I was.

But then I suddenly remembered something.

Long ago at one of my old schools, I had a crush on someone like Nathan and I was elated when he asked me to a dance. In excitement, I told my best friend then, Matthew, and I jumped up and down.

Matthew. Just thinking of his name made me remember good times. He was the star pupil, kind, and generous to those in need. He had always helped me with my homework, and yet… He wasn’t one of those “popular” kids. He was smart, hardworking, and he didn’t dress popularly. I remember him walking to school every day in pressed khakis and a simple t-shirt and jacket.

It was the day of the last dance a school. Also a week before I had to leave for my dad’s new job

.“Oh my gosh! He’s so cute, and popular, and wonderful!” I had sighed to Matthew. I was still flushed and glowing from the fact that my crush, the most popular and the hottest boy at school, had asked me to the dance. Matthew had only looked at me with troubled eyes as he gave me his opinion.

In a flash I returned to the scene. Nathan was still showing off his skills. I shook my unease off.

[i[It’s just Nathan, and he’s wonderful,[/i] I thought. I blushed, after he winked at me.

I left my first sword-fighting class tingling with anticipation and happiness. At one point, Nathan had crossed the gym to help me with a technique. I couldn’t get my eyes off his beautiful green ones. He stepped behind me, put a hand on my trembling sword hand, the other on my waist, and demonstrated the move like that.

I was paralyzed. I couldn’t breathe. Was this really happening? Then he leaned over next to my ear and whispered the most wonderful thing a girl could wish for.

“Do you want to go to the beach sometime? Tomorrow night? Just you and me?”

I had been unable to refuse those charming eyes.

“Of course!” I accepted.

I returned to the cabins, a smile plastered on my face, and found Daniel leaning on a wall, looking as if deep in thought.

“Hello?” I waved.

“Hi,” he answered a little too casually. “So… I forgot something; I need to start teaching you Ancient Greek.”

I was by no means a genius but even I could tell he was angry at something.

“You look angry…” I trailed off.

“Yeah, it’s nothing,” Daniel said, rolling his eyes. “Stupid Nathan, such a jerk. Why can’t everyone see that he’s so stupid?” he muttered under his breath. He thought that I couldn’t hear him.

Nathan? Nathan was a hero, someone who clearly was crush-worthy… Right? I didn’t see how Daniel was so short-sighted about that, but I let it pass.

“Anyway,” Daniel cleared his throat. “Tomorrow night, do you have time? I need to start teaching you, and I’m booked for the rest of the day.”

I stood still. Tomorrow night was my first day with the handsomest guy at camp, and I couldn’t miss that, could I?

“No… I’m… I mean, I have stuff to do,” I stammered. Daniel narrowed his eyes at me.

“I see,” he said coolly. My temper began to fray.

“What is it that you have against Nathan?! At every turn, you scorn him, but he’s wonderful! He’s…” I stopped here, feeling myself hate Daniel more and more.

“Nathan isn’t what you think!” Daniel yelled back at me.

“Prove it!” I shot back. “You don’t even know him, do you? You just think he’s an insolent brat, but in truth…”

“He is an insolent brat,” Daniel interrupted through clenched teeth.

“You are!” I finished.

“What. Did. You. Just. Say?” Daniel slowly said back at me, anger in his eyes.

“I said, you are an insolent brat! And don’t you ever forget it!” I accused. Clenching my fists, I ran and crashed straight into Teresa, who was talking to Andre.

“What happened?” Teresa asked anxiously. We were slowly becoming better friends, but only because we had no one else.

“Daniel, he just, I’m so mad at him,” I said in frustration. I was on the verge of crying.

“What did he do?” Teresa asked again murderously.

“I-I wish I could just get rid of him!” I yelled for good measure. But on the last word, my voice cracked. I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

“I knew he was no good. Stupid boys,” Teresa said angrily. I stood there, trembling.

“Come on, you’ll be fine.” She said again reassuringly.

And to my surprise, she pulled me into a hug. I couldn’t help it. I started sobbing into Teresa’s shirt, even though I could feel Daniel’s gaze on my back.

“Oh gosh,” Andre stammered, looking uncomfortable. “Don’t worry, Angela, I’ll go talk to Daniel about this.”

I just nodded, unable to speak. Andre patted Teresa’s shoulder, who shrugged him off, and rushed off, promising that he would be back later.

Teresa just held me there, then said,

“Why don’t you go get cleaned up? Don’t worry, Daniel will be very sorry for doing this,” Teresa gently ordered me. She smiled evilly, a special glint in her eyes, and because she was the one and only Goth Girl, I knew that Daniel would, indeed, be very sorry.

Teresa walked me back to the cabin, even though it was almost time for dinner. I had spent the whole afternoon with Nathan. Once we walked in, Teresa glared at everyone else. They understood her look and soon, I was facing an empty room.

“I’ll wait outside,” Teresa said.

So what do you guys think will happen? Is this the end for Daniel and Angela forever?
Haha, let us know your thoughts and comments, and thanks! Love you all :)

great post!
laugh
epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!
and why is angela being such a B*tch
snowflakes989 commented…
Mm a little harsh but yes I suppose so. over a year ago
Hey snow remember Aeolus' crazy weather?? Well I'm starting it back up again! Hope u can all come!!!!!
ok fannies. so i have geometry school and a bunch of other stuff to study, this next chapter will probably take a while to write. ill do my best to send sneak peaks to snow, but like i said, im really busy. sry guys.
sad
kk sigh
smile
well, ive started on it, so it might not take as long as i thought.
mechdemigod commented…
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! over a year ago
over a year ago mayut_majok said…
cool
LOLLLLLL Angela is acting very weird isnt she.

Let's vote! Angela and Daniel or Angela and Nathan? I hope you dont choose Nathan since he's a jerk!

Quick update: Just got back from vacation, will have the next chappie up soon, hopefully!
rainbow_girl commented…
well, so is daniel... over a year ago
snowflakes989 commented…
true, but saying nathan isnt a jerk/insolent brat is like saying jann is the perfect guy. over a year ago
rainbow_girl commented…
haha. lol over a year ago
big smile
Angela and Eric pwease (cute om nom eyes)
last edited over a year ago
Angela and Eric pwease (cute om nom eyes)
haha lol. nice pic mechdem. :) can i call u that? it sounds cool.
mechdemigod commented…
shure over a year ago
Angela and Eric? Hmm...
Oh btw, i meant the next part of the chappie. Sorry guys, but my chapters seem to just get longer and longer!
(And then we wait for rainbow's "friendly" rant on how i disappear. Fun.)
mechdemigod commented…
ok over a year ago
well, then, remember to send me the next part!
worried
hello????????
sry! snow hasnt replied to my emails about changing the chapter a bit. ugh. sry.
mechdemigod commented…
k over a year ago
snowflakes989 commented…
I told u rainbow, i'm not that obsessed with social media so i dont check my various accounts that often. over a year ago
????????
Anyway, sorry guys! I went to Yosemite over the weekend, which is why I haven't said anything in awhile. But aha here is the next installment!
Chapter 9
Angela

So. First day at camp. Just wonderful.

I got my first feel for Camp Half-Blood as Daniel and I walked around together, taking in the sights. I went to the Hermes cabin with Teresa and settled in. I sighed. At least dinner was much better than hanging out with Daniel the Dork.

The next day, he showed me to my first class, archery. Honestly, walking around with him made me feel…

I guess a bunch of you would guess romantic, right? Magical? Sparkling?

Here’s the truth, my friends. By the time we hit the lava wall, Daniel was just about ready to throw me onto it. I was ready to push him off of it.

We stood there, glaring at each other for a few tension-filled moments. A boy snickered as he passed by.

“Oh, shut up Eric,” Daniel complained.

Eric just rolled his eyes. He looked at me with pity. “I’m sorry you have to stick with this dork. Trust me. I experienced it first hand.

I couldn’t help but laugh, enjoying Daniel’s scarlet face.

Eric grinned at me, then ran off just as Daniel was about to lunge at him. He glared at me as I tried to catch my breath, my side hurting from laughing too hard.

Finally, Daniel left me, telling me to practice some archery and that he would be back later to show me to the armory to pick up some weapons.

An hour later, I stumbled out of archery class with a new knowledge in my head: My aim is terrible. I kept on hitting the target next to the one I was supposed to aim for.

I sighed and sat down. A few minutes later, I saw Daniel strolling up the path.

“You had a good time?” he teased, seeing how tired and frustrated I looked. At least he seemed to have forgotten about the previous… scene with Eric.

“Shut up,” I growled, not amused by his joke at all. He laughed at guided me to the Athena cabin.

“Back here, we store our weapons. It isn’t as magically reinforced as the Hephaestus cabin, but we have dependable stuff,” he said proudly. I nodded and followed him into the shack.

I saw what they had in there, and I felt my eyes grow wide. There were stacks of every imaginable weapon, everywhere.

“What do you prefer?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” I admitted. “Probably something that’s not that fancy, though.”

He nodded and began rummaging around the piles of stuff. After a brief search, he handed me a bronze dagger.

“Celestial bronze,” Daniel explained. “seventeen inches, stone grip, used by many demigods.”

I took it and placed it in my palm. I could feel how balanced the blade was, but it didn’t feel comfortable to me. Almost uncontrollably, I took a swing.

And realized that I nearly impaled Daniel. Not that I would have minded, of course.

“Watch it!’ Daniel yelped, his voice higher than usual. I stifled some giggles.

Sorry. I don’t think this fits me,” I apologized sheepishly.

“I would say so,” he huffed. He opened a chest and handed me a sword. I stared at its silver blade and the leather handle, decorated with silver jewels at the butt of the sword.

Daniel grinned when he saw me staring. “It’s called Glancer. Supposedly, when monsters look into the blade, they’re so overcome with fear that they drop. Nobody’s used it in a long time, though. Fifteen inches. Regal silver, which can kill both monsters and mortals. Leather grip, although I give you a newer piece of leather.”

I nodded and waited as he rewrapped the handle. I already felt a connection with it and my fingers were itching to try it out.

After what seemed like an eternity, he handed it back to me.

“This time, let’s step outside. And watch where you swing,” he instructed.

Rolling my eyes, I gripped the hilt and stepped outside. Already, it felt familiar to me. Taking a deep breath, I took a cautious swipe.

It felt amazing, like it was giving me energy. I grinned and started slashing with more force.

“I think it’s yours!” Daniel laughed. He drew his own blade and we began to parry, sword against sword. The autopilot mode I had felt fighting Mr. Navarro came back as I fluidly blocked his attacks.

Then just as suddenly, Daniel dropped his guard, his face drawn. I hurried over to his side.

“Are you okay? I didn’t accidently hit you, did I?” I anxiously asked. He shook his head, to shaken to speak.

I sat there for ten minutes, waiting for him to regain his composure. When it never came twenty minutes later, I was irritated.

“Daniel,” I spoke sharply. “What’s wrong with you? Pull yourself together!”

No response. I shoved his shoulder and was seriously considering hitting him with my new weapon when he shifted.

“Sorry,” he muttered. “But I think the name Glancer is right. I saw something in it.”

This catches my intrigue.

“What is it?” I ask as sweetly as I can. I had to know.

But he just shakes his head.

I figured it was his business if he wanted to tell me, so I didn’t press him. I could already tell we were going to have a fun time insulting each other. It was obvious, no? He hated. And likewise, that feeling was mutual.

“So,” Daniel finally managed. “Sword-fighting next. Give you a chance to work on your weapon.”

“Yes! Totally!” I agreed enthusiastically. I literally sprinted down the fact.

I guess the fact that Nathan was the instructor helped too.

“Hi Nathan!” I exclaimed.

“Hey Angel!” he greeted back. I admit, my heart skipped a beat. I watched Daniel roll his eyes and walk away.
“Don’t be so mean,” I mouthed at him.

“Be back later,” was his only cool response. I shrugged, and turned my attention back to Nathan. I couldn’t help but admire he careless grace. He looked like cool kid, popular and daring. It was easy for me to crush on him, new as I was.

But then I suddenly remembered something.

Long ago at one of my old schools, I had a crush on someone like Nathan and I was elated when he asked me to a dance. In excitement, I told my best friend then, Matthew, and I jumped up and down.

Matthew. Just thinking of his name made me remember good times. He was the star pupil, kind, and generous to those in need. He had always helped me with my homework, and yet… He wasn’t one of those “popular” kids. He was smart, hardworking, and he didn’t dress popularly. I remember him walking to school every day in pressed khakis and a simple t-shirt and jacket.

It was the day of the last dance a school. Also a week before I had to leave for my dad’s new job

.“Oh my gosh! He’s so cute, and popular, and wonderful!” I had sighed to Matthew. I was still flushed and glowing from the fact that my crush, the most popular and the hottest boy at school, had asked me to the dance. Matthew had only looked at me with troubled eyes as he gave me his opinion.

In a flash I returned to the scene. Nathan was still showing off his skills. I shook my unease off.

[i[It’s just Nathan, and he’s wonderful,[/i] I thought. I blushed, after he winked at me.

I left my first sword-fighting class tingling with anticipation and happiness. At one point, Nathan had crossed the gym to help me with a technique. I couldn’t get my eyes off his beautiful green ones. He stepped behind me, put a hand on my trembling sword hand, the other on my waist, and demonstrated the move like that.

I was paralyzed. I couldn’t breathe. Was this really happening? Then he leaned over next to my ear and whispered the most wonderful thing a girl could wish for.

“Do you want to go to the beach sometime? Tomorrow night? Just you and me?”

I had been unable to refuse those charming eyes.

“Of course!” I accepted.

I returned to the cabins, a smile plastered on my face, and found Daniel leaning on a wall, looking as if deep in thought.

“Hello?” I waved.

“Hi,” he answered a little too casually. “So… I forgot something; I need to start teaching you Ancient Greek.”

I was by no means a genius but even I could tell he was angry at something.

“You look angry…” I trailed off.

“Yeah, it’s nothing,” Daniel said, rolling his eyes. “Stupid Nathan, such a jerk. Why can’t everyone see that he’s so stupid?” he muttered under his breath. He thought that I couldn’t hear him.

Nathan? Nathan was a hero, someone who clearly was crush-worthy… Right? I didn’t see how Daniel was so short-sighted about that, but I let it pass.

“Anyway,” Daniel cleared his throat. “Tomorrow night, do you have time? I need to start teaching you, and I’m booked for the rest of the day.”

I stood still. Tomorrow night was my first day with the handsomest guy at camp, and I couldn’t miss that, could I?

“No… I’m… I mean, I have stuff to do,” I stammered. Daniel narrowed his eyes at me.

“I see,” he said coolly. My temper began to fray.

“What is it that you have against Nathan?! At every turn, you scorn him, but he’s wonderful! He’s…” I stopped here, feeling myself hate Daniel more and more.

“Nathan isn’t what you think!” Daniel yelled back at me.

“Prove it!” I shot back. “You don’t even know him, do you? You just think he’s and insolent brat, but in truth…”

“He is an insolent brat,” Daniel interrupted through clenched teeth.

“You are!” I finished.

“What. Did. You. Just. Say?” Daniel slowly said back at me, anger in his eyes.

“I said, you are an insolent brat! And don’t you ever forget it!” I accused. Clenching my fists, I ran and crashed straight into Teresa, who was talking to Andre.

“What happened?” Teresa asked anxiously. We were slowly becoming better friends, but only because we had no one else.

“Daniel, he just, I’m soo mad at him,” I said in frustration. I was on the verge of crying.

“What did he do?” Teresa asked again murderously.

“I-I wish I could just get rid of him!” I yelled for good measure. But on the last word, my voice cracked. I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

“I knew he was no good. Stupid boys,” Teresa said angrily. I stood there, trembling.

“Come on, you’ll be fine.” She said again reassuringly.

And to my surprise, she pulled me into a hug. I couldn’t help it. I started sobbing into Teresa’s shirt, even though I could feel Daniel’s gaze on my back.

“Oh gosh,” Andre stammered, looking uncomfortable. “Don’t worry, Angela, I’ll go talk to Daniel about this.”

I just nodded, unable to speak. Andre patted Teresa’s shoulder, who shrugged him off, and rushed off, promising that he would be back later.

Teresa just held me there, then said,

“Why don’t you go get cleaned up? Don’t worry, Daniel will be very sorry for doing this,” Teresa gently ordered me. She smiled evilly, a special glint in her eyes, and because she was the one and only Goth Girl, I knew that Daniel would, indeed, be very sorry.

Teresa walked me back to the cabin, even though it was almost time for dinner. I had spent the whole afternoon with Nathan. Once we walked in, Teresa glared at everyone else. They understood her look and soon, I was facing an empty room.

“I’ll wait outside,” Teresa said.

I slipped into the bathroom and took a few shaky breaths. I changed out of my messed up shirt and stared at myself in the mirror.

“Why do I have to be a demigod?” I asked myself dejectedly. “I can’t even freaking get along with people!”

“Yeah, you can,” a voice said from behind me. I turned around and saw Teresa, sitting on the edge of my bunk.

“Yeah? Prove it,” I challenged.

“You can get along with me, and that’s pretty hard to do,” she offered.

“Excuse me? Thanks, but I don’t get along with you. You always act like you hate me or something,” I scoffed.

“Really? Well, Miss Princess, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but since we’re stuck together, I think you’re actually my best friend now,” Teresa admitted slowly.

“No way! Same here too, Goth Girl!” I laughed. Teresa’s eyes sparkled, and before I could think “oh no,” a pillow had whacked the side of my face.

“Oh, you are so on!” I threatened. I grabbed someone’s poor pillow and began slashing my way to Teresa.

We had so much fun that we didn’t even notice the dinner bell. I had even momentarily forgotten about Daniel. It was only until Andre came to find us that he found us flushed, giggling and staggering around almost out of breath. The room was completely trashed. Andre pretty much had to drag us all the way to the tables. It was kind of sad.

I was making my way through a second serving of spaghetti when the director, Chiron stood up. I lightly punched Teresa, who was still slurping soup.

“Tomorrow is Friday, so we will be having our Capture the Flag games after dinner. So everyone, make sure all your equipment is in good working order. Now, finish your dinner, big day tomorrow,” Chiron announced.

“We’re part of the blue team with Apollo, Ares, Hebe, and Hypnos,” Jared, the Hermes leader, added to me and Teresa.

“Guess we’re on the same team as Andre, huh?” I hinted at Teresa, who rolled her eyes and blushed but didn’t say anything. We continued to eat in companionable silence.

The campfire started, but Teresa and I headed back to the cabins, too tired for any singing.

Teresa went directly to her bunk and pulled out a long cardboard box from under the bed. I sat up. “What’s that?”

She grinned at me evilly. “My sword.”

“Can I see?” I asked, stretching out my hand.

“No. You’ll see tomorrow. I’ll be practicing with it.”

“Please?” I asked again, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

For a moment, it looked like Teresa was going to give in, but she shook her head again. “I want to keep it as new as possible, at least until the real fight. Wanna spar tomorrow?”

I thought about it, and nodded. Then I remembered my appointment with Nathan. The sudden thought got me all energized again. “You think we can do it in the morning? I have some plans late afternoon.”

Teresa didn’t seem to notice that I was hiding something, but just nodded. She got up, and headed to the bathroom. I sighed. For some reason, I didn’t want anyone to know about my meeting with Nathan. It was just the two of us. I wanted some… privacy. I know, I know, that sounds kind of strange, but I do. It feels right.

As soon as Teresa exited the bathroom, her dark hair glistening wet from the water, I stood up, grabbed some clean clothes and took a refreshing shower.

When I was done, I saw that my friend had fallen asleep. Getting comfortable myself, I listened to the distant singing and cheering at the campfire.

After a while, the sound was gone, and I heard a stampede of people rush into the room. Bright light burned my eyes, but I tried to pretend I was asleep.

“Look,” someone said. “It’s the sleepy heads.”

I ignored them.

After a while, the talking trickled down and the lights turned off. It was silent, except for the sound of dozens of kids breathing.

I tossed and turned in my bed, since I couldn’t fall asleep. It was as if the adrenaline rush had finally reached me. I lay there for what felt like hours, and when exhaustion seemed to lure me into sleep, I heard two voices speaking in hushed voices. My throat tightened when I realized that the voices belonged to Jared and Nathan.

“…must get rid of them.”

“Nathan! Be quiet. Let’s talk in the bathroom. They are in here.”

“It’s fine, Jared. They’re fast asleep.” Nathan lowered his voice and I strained to hear what he was saying. “…come up with a plan.”

“You’re right…. meeting with you tomorrow, right?”

“Yeah. Find a way to get the other girl…. Maybe if you could…” The talking faded as the boys retreated into the bathroom.

I gasped for breath. They… they were talking about us. Teresa and me. Steadying my breath, I closed my eyes and thought to myself, I am not falling for Nathan. I am not falling for Nathan. I am not falling for Nathan…

Well, what do you guys think? Please comment!
laugh
EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
l just made a a HoO /KC rp called when worlds collide . can u guys join
mechdemigod commented…
its on the forums list over a year ago
nice post
hey guys, ill be working on the post for chb and cj before i work on the next chapter, since snow posted more recently. ill try to get most of the chapter sent to snow next week.
tongue
hey guys, my laptop is acting VERY funny right now. like i cant even turn it on. so im using my dads computer. i could continue the chapter i started on my dads laptop, but its just going to take longer, since my dad is almost always on this computer.
sry for the inconvenience guys.
poop
not poop. sh*t
mechdemigod commented…
stop cussing please over a year ago
ok, guys. i can use my laptop, but the word file wont open, so ill still hafta use my dads laptop. at least i can open my computer now.