The Heroes of Olympus Masters of the Comb and Keeper

snowflakes989 posted on Jan 07, 2013 at 04:27AM
Hey guys! Snow here. So Rainbow and I have decided to write a forum together, about our own demigods. Read on to find out what happens to Teresa, who she is, and later, another girl that changes her life.

This first chapter is by Rainbow, edited by me, and I hope you all enjoy! We will take turns posting/writing. Please comment, it would mean a lot!

For all of you ultimate spammers out there like moi, spam is permitted. :)

Teresa's pov.
Chapter 1

My name is Teresa Burne. If you think your life is weird, wait until you see mine. You would think that a thirteen-year-old teenage girl would be shopping with friends all day long, putting on makeup, and dating some really hot guy. Sorry to disappoint you, but I am nothing like that.
When I was two, my dad left my mom and me. I have no memory of him, other than the feeling of powerful, dark eyes, staring down at me with love. Then my mom married George Goof (I'm not kidding about his name). He was okay for the first year, then after they had twin girls, he started hating me. I don't know why. Probably because my mom always cared for me more than my step-sisters. Then she died. The police say that she died in a car accident, but I know better. It was my fault, and George knows it. I mean, I wasn't with her when she died, but the night before, I saw a dark shadow- in the form of a bird? Lady?-in my room. It was probably just my jacket or something, but my mom freaked. She started muttering and blaming herself, like she knew what was going to happen and it was her fault. The next morning, I saw it again, and again, and again. Not just in my room, but almost as if it was following me. I went hysterical, and my mom decided to get medicine for me. Then she died.
You're probably thinking, “It's not your fault. It was just an accident.” Sorry, but you're wrong. The shadow visited me again, and now there were more than one. The night my mom died, they started whispering, Ήταν όλες σας τις βλάβη. Σας σκότωσε τη μητέρα. Only later did I realize they were saying, It was all your fault. You killed your mother. And I knew in my guts, they were right.
George and my step-sisters have hated me ever since.

My day started normally enough, or as normal as you can get in my household. I got out of bed and went into the kitchen, passing George's room along the way. Guess what I saw? George and our housekeeper making out. Ugh. And yes, as much as I hate it, it happens all the time.
I ignored them and continued my journey to the kitchen. I snatched a bagel from Linda, the younger of the twins, and started eating. Jessy, who was really protective of her younger sister, threw a tissue box at me.
“Don't mess with my sister, you bully!” Jessy screamed.
I rolled my eyes. “Ten year olds,” I muttered. But I took out another bagel for Linda, toasted it, and took out butter as well. My step-sister watched me with big, round, shiny eyes as I spread butter on the bagel. “Here you go.” I handed her the warm, buttery bagel.
Linda took it tentatively and then bit hungrily into the bread.
Jessy looked at Linda with jealousy. “Can I have one too?”
I would've gladly grabbed Linda's buttered bagel and smashed it into Jessy's face, but I wasn't that mean. So I did the same for her, trying to ignore the boiling pot of annoyance in my stomach.
The clock chimed 7:30 am. Time for me to get out of this disgusting house. I grabbed my backpack and raced through the door, not bothering saying bye to George.
I sprinted down the street, enjoying the fresh, cold morning air. Wind slapped in my face, but the coldness felt refreshing. I stopped running as soon as the school was in sight.
Suddenly, I felt a chill down my spine. That was when my day drifted far from normal.

I fingered my necklace nervously, a simple silver chain with a dark blueish piece of jade, carved into the shape of three dragons entwined together. It was one of two gifts I got from my dad before he left. I never knew what the necklace was for, but my mom always said to keep them on, no matter where I was. The other gift was a pair of earrings. They were also jade, with the same dark blue color to it. But inside, there was a small red dot. I assumed they were important because they told omens. They started glowing and became burning hot right before my mom died in the car crash.
Now, I could feel my earring turn hot and panic tore through me. The burn almost felt like it was burning my skin, and with shaking fingers, I was able to take them off and stuff them in my pocket.
I looked around, wondering what would happen.
Nothing.
Then I looked up and my heart nearly stopped. The last time I saw the shadows was nearly five years ago. Now, here they are, hovering above me, so close I could reach out and touch them if I wanted to. I certainly didn't.
As I watched, the three shadows slowly began to spin, combining into one giant shadow. Two cruel-looking eyes appeared and looked at me with amusement, like I was a new toy it couldn't wait to play with. A mouth opened and black smoke spew from it and around me.
This is the end. This is the end. This is the end. This is the end.
I screamed and then I did something really strange, something even I couldn't explain. I held my earrings in front of me, palm facing the creature. I shouted at the top of my lungs, channeling all my anger into my hand and then BOOM!!
I was blasted backwards, skidding on my back. The shadows were gone and my backpack was two feet away from my feet.
Slowly but painfully, I sat up. I gently touched my back and winced. My finger came away with blood.
“Oh no,” I muttered, trying to fight back tears. “No, no.”
A honk threw me back into reality. I looked up in time to see two bright headlights bearing down at me. I grabbed my backpack and leaped just out of harm's way. I looked back just in time to see the car speed past me. I collapsed there, on the sidewalk, not sure whether to go home or continue to school.
In the distance, the first bell rang.
School, I decided. I got up, trying not to grimace, and limped towards the school.
First period science, I thought. Joy.

Once again, hope you enjoyed and please please post.

Shout outs to everyone who loves a good story. :)

The Heroes of Olympus 467 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 467

over a year ago snowflakes989 said…
It's gonna get interesting...
over a year ago teamleo said…
Huh. I would be more excited but I dont have it in me right now. post.
over a year ago rainbow_girl said…
smile
i sent part of the chappie to snow, so well probably get the preview up soon. N maybe even the whole chappie! ^_^ []
sad
no one? this is just sad....
Post it then!
Chapter 3

Teresa

“Ow!” I winced as the school nurse dabbed a piece of cotton on my scraped back.

“Sorry hon,” she said, in a not-so-sorry way. “How did you do this again?”

I gritted my teeth, trying really hard not to cuss. This was the sixth time she asked me what had happened. I mean, can't you just pay attention?! “I was running really fast because I thought I was going to be late. My foot tripped on a tree root and so I fell. My backpack fell off in the process since it was only on one shoulder. So that's how I injured my back. Clear now?”

“Crystal clear,” she said happily. “Wait. Why were you running-”

“Bye.” I stood up abruptly. “I'll be late.” I went out the door, resisting the urge to run.

Yeah, I know that was rude, but she was seriously pissing me off.

I managed to get in the science classroom just as the bell rang, so technically, I wasn't late. Quietly, I slipped into my seat at the back of the room and took out my notebook and supplies to get ready for class.

Hours went by, break went by, and before I knew it, I was in fourth period history class.

Mrs. Draco, my history teacher, adjusted her glasses. “All right, class. We will be going to the media lab today to work on your group posters. So get your butts moving and out of the class. Go! Go!”

I sighed. For a cranky old grandmother like her, she had one hell of a big mouth. Not to mention a cranky attitude. I yawned and picked up my poster from the back of the room. Since I sat alone, I had to do the poster all by myself. Fun.

We were all about to get up and leave when the door opened and the most gorgeous girl walked in. She had lush black hair, like mine, large brown eyes, and a perfect shape. I noticed that all guys had their eyes on her, and for once, I couldn't blame them. She was seriously the prettiest girl I've ever seen. Sure, a bunch of hot-ish guys have asked me out, or said I was cute. But this girl would get all the guys falling heads or heels trying to get to her first. She was seriously knockout gorgeous.

She walked up to Mrs. Draco and said something. Mrs. Draco closed her gaping mouth and replied, “Oh! Yeah! So class, we have a new student named Angela Low. She is from,” Mrs. Draco glanced at the girl, Angela, “Moreland, I believe.”

Angela nodded, still looking quite nervous.

Mrs. Draco pointed in my direction. “Angela, why don't you sit next to Teresa over there. She needs a partner for our wonderful project.”

At my name, Angela frowned, which I thought was weird, but I let that past.

Then for a second, our eyes met and a cold electric shock went up my spine. I looked at her in surprise. I had never felt anything like that before. But Angela looked as shocked as I was. So whatever that was, she had felt it and didn't know what it was either.

I watched as she made her way down the aisle to the back of the room where I sat. She sat down and stared at her desk.

I should help her, I thought. I stretched out my hand and grinned impishly. “Welcome to Redwood, Angela.”

She smiled back and shook my hand.

I leaned forward and whispered into her ear, “I'm glad you're here. My day doesn't get any better with Mrs. Grandma sneering at me all day long.”

Angela laughed, and it was good to hear. Then she stopped and looked at me. “You said your name’s Teresa?”

“Yeah. I’m the one and only Teresa Burne. Why?”

She stared at me strangely. It wasn’t hatred, but it wasn’t far from it either.

I waved a hand in front of her. “Angela? Are you all right?”

She blinked like she was coming out of a trance. “What? Oh yeah. I-I'm fine.” Shivering clearly now, she turned away.

I sighed. I still didn't get why people were so afraid of me. One of my only friends told me that others think I radiate evilness. Like seriously? Evilness? Apparently so. I wouldn't be surprised if Angela ended up hating me, or vice versa. She already looked to me like one of those really popular and fashionable girls at school.

I got up slowly, feeling as if the weight of the whole sky was on my shoulder. . “Come on, Angela. We need to get some work done.”

With that, we walked out of the door.

Angela and I walked in silence. Finally, I said, “Why did you move? I heard that Moreland is a pretty good place.”

“It's not that,” she sighed. “It's my dad. He just decided to get a new job. I mean, this is my eighth school in my entire life! Can't I just get a good permanent life?”

I winced at her harsh, but guarded tone. “Hey, it's okay. This is actually my ninth school. I'm new here too, just got here a couple months ago.” I spread my arms out. “I'm still getting used to the layout as well. Once I had to move three times in one year. It was horrible.”

Angela's expression softened just a fraction. She was still sort of glaring at me, though. “Did you move because your parents got new jobs too?”

I bit my lip, trying not to get bitter. Control yourself, I thought. It's not like she actually knew anything about me. “My dad left me when I was a baby. Never knew him. My mom died when I was four. I live with my step-dad and step-sisters now. I moved because I was always attacked. Almost got kidnapped once by this weird giant bird.”

“Huh. Sorry, I guess.”

I tried not to snap something angrily at her. I hated it when people said they were sorry. They never were. Plus, Angela didn’t even sound very sincere.

“Don't be.”

I pushed ahead, not waiting for her response. I was done with it. I was done with all this sympathy, even if fake. Done.

She caught up to me put your hands on her hips. “I lost my mom too. I know how you feel.”

Like she thought I was asking for pity. I nodded, trying hard not to roll my eyes. “Let's go in.”

*****************************************­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­***­

I leaned against a book shelve, flipping through books, books, and guess what? More books! “Ugh! Why is there so many books here?”

“Stop complaining, Teresa,” Angela's voice spoke from the ground, snappish and annoyed. “I'm already helping you do the freaking poster.”

“Whatever.” As far as I knew, we were both dyslexic and ADHD, but I was more ADHD than dyslexic, while Angela was the opposite, so I got the awesome job of researching. At least I got to move around while I read.

I peeked over her shoulder to see what progress she had made. Dang. This girl is one heck of an artist. I opened my mouth to comment when the ground jerked and my feet slipped out from under me.

Falling backwards, I slammed my head against the bookshelf. My vision immediately went fuzzy and blood roared in my ears. Groaning, I sat up, trying to fight the overwhelming feel of throwing up.

“Teresa! Teresa!” Angela's singsong voice sounded far away. I shook my head a few times, and felt much better instantly. Angela was next to me on the ground, thrown against a wall. She looked stricken, a nervous face looking me up and down. “Oh my gods, Teresa!”

I managed to sit up. “What happened?”

“An earthquake, I think. Just a small one though.”

Slowly, I got to my feet. “We should just keep working.”

“Okay, I guess. There’s not much to do.” Angela flitted off to her table and began to scribble on the poster.

I sighed, relieved. But that was when I felt an odd chill creeping down the small of my back, like someone was spying on me. I looked around. Nothing. Then I made the mistake of looking up.

My heart crawled into my throat. A small whimper escaped me as I backed up against the wall, trying to get away from the shadows as far as possible. The three of them advanced towards me, step by step, their leathery bat wings extended behind them, those glowing red eyes bearing down at me, and vicious fangs and claws that were ready to rip me apart.

They had never appeared at school before. Ever. Apparently they weren't restricted to anything. My hand closed around a book, ready to fight my way out if I had to.

Then they stopped, standing only a few feet in front of me. The middle one spoke. “Daughter of the lord. We mean… No harm, but were sent here to give you a warning. Something your father feels you should be aware of.” Its voice seemed to resonate inside my skull like a sharp knife cutting through it.

The shadows continued advancing. “This is where it ends, and where the new life begins. Daughter of our lord. One of the Underworld. This is your future. This will be your fate.”

Fear crawled up my arms and into my heart. Underworld? Are they crazy?

“Teresa!” Never before had I been so happy to hear Angela's voice, annoyed as she was. She ran up to me. “What's wrong?”

I feebly pointed towards the shadows.

She looked where I was pointing and her face went slack. “Holy-” she gulped. “What are those?”

“I don't know,” I whispered.

She stood up bravely, straightening her back. “Well whatever you are, stay away!”

The shadows growled. “You're a powerful one, for a daughter of charm. But we do not like to be ordered around. He does not approve of your friendship with his daughter. Neither does she approve of your friendship with the daughter of the underworld. If you were wise, you would leave. She does not need another lackey to tow around.”

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My father was alive? So was “she” Angela's mother? Why wouldn't they approve of our friendship, if any? How is Angela my lackey?

Maybe, just maybe, I would get out of this alive. The air was charged as I waited to see what Angela would do.

Angela clenched her teeth. Her eyes blazed, but she stood there, looking calm. A sort of dangerous grace seemed to flow from her, and she started talking, her voiced honed to a deadly edge.

“And if you were wise, you would leave me alone. Don’t know your connection to Teresa, don’t care, but get this: I. AM. MYSELF. I. AM. NOT. ANYONE’S. FREAKING. SERVANT, YOU DIG?”

“Very well,” the shadows intoned. And with that, they dissipated into black smoke.

Angela unclenched her hands and gazed at me, looking confused and slightly outraged. I looked at her, not sure of what to say. “Thanks. They-they were kinda freaking me out,” I said.

She just nodded, her eyes still filled with leftover fire.

Just when I thought my day wouldn't get any worse, it did.

THe next chappie as promised!
last edited over a year ago
smile
someone comment!
Awesome chappie!!! Post soon!!!
over a year ago Phoenix_Stone said…
big smile
Amazing chapter! :D
hmmm
yay! i was gonna continue writing the chappie, cuz i wasnt done, but i just realized that i wrote a lot....
sad
where did everyone go?
i-am-evil commented…
I'm here over a year ago
over a year ago corrected said…
hmmm
Im not sure how much snow has written for chapter 4. Ill ask her.
over a year ago LeoNicoCrazaiii said…
amazinggggggg
posttt
smile
Hey guys! Snow is really busy, so ill be writing ch 4. Hopefully i can finish it this week.
Phoenix_Stone commented…
YAY! :D over a year ago
finally
im working on it!
and my mom is yelling at me. poo
big smile
HERE U GO!!
sry it took so long, but my mom was angry, so... yeah!
(its just the preview of ch4 in teresa's pov. the real ch 4 is gonna be in angela's pov)

Chapter 4 (preview
Teresa's pov

My life sucks. Just when I thought I'd finally gotten rid of those horrible shadow creatures, the alarms rang. Perfect timing right?

“Code red. Code red!” the speaker blared.

I rolled my eyes. “Yippy-kai-yay. I just LOVE code reds.”

“Yeah, Teresa, I just LOVE it when you don’t act serious!” Angela snapped back at me.

Leave it to Miss I’m-So-Perfect, Miss Princess, to get mad at me. Besides, it's not she's my mother.

I growled at her. “You are one naturally irritating princess.”

“So I'm told.”

“I'd be surprised if you get any friends.”

“I'm not surprised that you don't have any.”

“Oh really? Then you don't know me, 'cuz I have TONS.”

We probably would've continued arguing, had not Mrs. Draco yelled for attention.

The room was a chaos. Mrs. Draco and the librarians were trying to calm the kids down and to help with the blockade and barrier. Only a few were actually listening, like me and Angela.

“Come on! Help guys!” I shouted, trying to help. “Just cooperate and we'll be fine.”

One or two people stopped screaming and decided to help. At least an accomplishment, sort of.

Angela solved the problem by screaming, “ATTENTION EVERYONE! WE NEED YOU TO ALL COOPERATE SO WE CAN GET THIS OVER WITH SOONER!! NOW LISTEN FOR INSTRUCTIONS QUIETLY!!!

Silence.

Mrs. Draco cleared her throat. “Thank you, Angela. Now I need you to...”I zoned out for the rest of the blockading part.

In no time, we were all sitting in the back corner, walled in. My necklace turned burning hot and people around me gasped. I looked down to see that my necklace really was glowing. The dragon eyes were bright red.

I quickly clasped my hand around, only to gasp as searing pain burned through my palm. I could even feel my earrings burning in my jeans pocket.

Immediately, I knew something bad would happen. I saw Angela staring, and instantly knew that she was thinking about the same thing. The shadows had said This is where it ends, and where the new life begins.

We watched as the figure came into view in the bright sunlight.

Everyone gasped. “It's Mr. Navarro,” kids murmured.

“What is he doing here?” others asked.

As for me, I was just in pure shock. Mr. Navarro, my Spanish teacher, was probably the nicest teacher this year. But why would be out here, looking so... depressed and sullen? And secretive?

It was obvious that Angela knew him too. “Συνεχίστε με τις κουρούνες,” she cursed.

Immediately, I knew what it meant in Greek: Go to the crows. Don't ask me how, I just did, like I had known Greek all my life.

Mrs. Draco started to stand up and shouted, “Paul! Paul!”

He turned his head slightly and his shape flickered for a second, then settled. I gasped at what I saw. Instead of my normal Spanish teacher in jeans, a t-shirt, and a bowler hat at the height of 5 foot 4 inches, he was now a seven foot tall creature. His whole body was packed with bulging muscles and covered with dark brown fur, almost like a bull. In place of his regular bowler hat was two pure white horns with tips so sharp I could nearly feel the pain of being pricked by them right there and then, mounted on his head, gleaming in the sunlight.

Then just as suddenly, he flickered back. A hallucination? WTH?

Angela frowned next to me to me. “What in the world? You see that Teresa?”

“Of course. Please tell me I'm hallucinating.” I looked around and saw that none of the other students seem to have any reaction in the change of Mr. Navarro. A thought clicked into place.

“I don’t think anyone could see that… Except for you and me.” I said slowly. "Like the shadows. You were the first person to see and make contact with them besides me and my mother."

She tilted her head. “That's strange. But why-”

She didn’t get to finish her thought.

That was when the day went from bad, to worse…

CLIFFHANGER!!! MWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! ur just gonna hafta wait till snow is done w/ the chappie and i edit to find out what happens next!
CLIFFY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Really???? Not cool! Glad you finally posted though!!! Please post soon!!!
thx squirrel glad u like it!

i have some bad news for u guys! snow is leaving fanpop, like account GONE. BUT she is continuing this forum w/ me. ill just be posting all of the chappies from now on. so the real part of ch4 will be written by snow, edited by me, and posted by me.

~rainbow
Phoenix_Stone commented…
Again?! D: ...well, at least you're both still writing the story. ^-^ over a year ago
GREAT POST
PLEASE KEEP POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!
big smile
AWSHUM POST! :D

Please post soon! ^-^
Hey guys, one of my last times on here, I'm sorry I have to leave AGAIN but I'm deleting my account this time. But I'll keep on writing:)
Phoenix_Stone commented…
BUT WHY?! D: ...please tell me you'll be back soon! :( over a year ago
corrected commented…
ok as long as we keep getting ur writing thats ok over a year ago
rainbow_girl commented…
guys, its gonna be all right. ill keep in conatact w/ snow and ill tell u everything she says. she has her own reason for leaving. corrected is right, at least were still writing. over a year ago
hey guys! snow is really thses days, so she hasnt had much time for ch4. but plz be patient.
corrected commented…
do u mean really busy? over a year ago
snowflakes989 commented…
yeah der, sry guys. over a year ago
AHHHH I'M FREAKING OUT!!!!!!! Yeah, so I'm really sorry, I apologize for not writing faster. I have this HUGE cm test coming up for violin, and it's like the ultimate, so I need to practice a lot. WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!
me 2!! lets see, i have cm for piano, master class performance for trumpet, and a national art competition. yipee.
big smile
WOOO HOOO! NEW PAGE

cake for everyone still on this forum!!
cake
oops. forgot the cake.
i have the chappie ready, but i need 3 comments from 3 DIFFERENT ppl before i post it!
comment
ok. thats one. i need 2 more ppl!
2 . ..
NOW POST
big smile
PLEASE POST SOON! ^-^
meh
well, i said different, so one more to go.
over a year ago agamotto said…
Count this as post 3, looking good so far. Oh, and if I'm not to late, I hope the two of you do well with the tests. and if I am to late, how did you do?
rainbow_girl commented…
thanks. im not sure bout snow, but i have 1 more month to prepare for my piano CM test. my trumpet performance is this wednesday, which i am absolutely freaking out about. other than that, my life is goin pretty smoothly. over a year ago
post post poooost1
big smile
ok! heres the chappie!
(oh, and i included the preview w/ it, so its super long.)

Chapter 5
Teresa's pov (Preview only)

My life sucks. Just when I thought I'd finally gotten rid of those horrible shadow creatures, the alarms rang. Perfect timing right?

“Code red. Code red!” the speaker blared.

I rolled my eyes. “Yippy-kai-yay. I just LOVE code reds.”

“Yeah, Teresa, I just LOVE it when you don’t act serious!” Angela snapped back at me.

Leave it to Miss I’m-So-Perfect, Miss Princess, to get mad at me. Besides, it’s not like she’s my mother.

I growled at her. “You are one naturally irritating princess.”

“So I'm told.”

“I’d be surprised if you get any friends.”

“I’m not surprised that you don’t have any.”

“Oh really? Then you don’t know me, ‘cuz I have TONS.”

We probably would’ve continued arguing, had not Mrs. Draco yelled for attention.

The room was a chaos. Mrs. Draco and the librarians were trying to calm the kids down and to help with the blockade and barrier. Only a few were actually listening, like me and Angela.

“Come on! Help guys!” I shouted, trying to help. “Just cooperate and we'll be fine.”

One or two people stopped screaming and decided to help. At least an accomplishment, sort of.

Angela solved the problem by screaming, “ATTENTION EVERYONE! WE NEED YOU TO ALL COOPERATE SO WE CAN GET THIS OVER WITH SOONER!! NOW LISTEN FOR INSTRUCTIONS QUIETLY!!!

Silence.

Mrs. Draco cleared her throat. “Thank you, Angela. Now I need you to...”I zoned out for the rest of the blockading part.

In no time, we were all sitting in the back corner, walled in.My necklace turned burning hot and people around me gasped. I looked down to see that my necklace really was glowing. The dragon eyes were bright red.

I quickly clasped my hand around, only to gasp as searing pain burned through my palm. I could even feel my earrings burning in my jeans pocket.

Immediately, I knew something bad would happen. I saw Angela staring, and instantly knew that she was thinking about the same thing. The shadows had said This is where it ends, and where the new life begins.

We watched as the figure came into view in the bright sunlight.

Everyone gasped. “It's Mr. Navarro,” kids murmured.

“What is he doing here?” others asked.

As for me, I was just in pure shock. Mr. Navarro, my Spanish teacher, was probably the nicest teacher this year. But why would be out here, looking so... depressed and sullen? And secretive?

It was obvious that Angela knew him too. “Συνεχίστε με τις κουρούνες,” she cursed.

Immediately, I knew what it meant in Greek: Go to the crows. Don’t ask me how, I just did, like I had known Greek all my life.

Mrs. Draco started to stand up and shouted, “Paul! Paul!”

He turned his head slightly and his shape flickered for a second, then settled. I gasped at what I saw. Instead of my normal Spanish teacher in jeans, a t-shirt, and a bowler hat at the height of 5 foot 4 inches, he was now a seven foot tall creature. His whole body was packed with bulging muscles and covered with dark brown fur, almost like a bull. In place of his regular bowler hat was two pure white horns with tips so sharp I could nearly feel the pain of being pricked by them right there and then, mounted on his head, gleaming in the sunlight.

Then just as suddenly, he flickered back. A hallucination? WTH?

Angela frowned next to me. “What in the world? You see that Teresa?”

“Of course. Please tell me I'm hallucinating.” I looked around and saw that none of the other students seem to have any reaction in the change of Mr. Navarro. A thought clicked into place.

“I don’t think anyone could see that… Except for you and me.” I said slowly.

She tilted her head. “That's strange. But why-”

She didn’t get to finish her thought.

That was when the day went from bad, to worse…

Chapter 5

Angela

I held my hand to my head. I think I got a headache after confronting the Scary Grandma Trio. And to complete this joyous day, as I was experiencing, the alarms rang. The. Freaking. Alarms. I know, I know, so wonderful… Not.

Oh, and to add on top of that, Teresa wasn’t helping one bit.

Mrs. Draco, the other teachers, and several other kids, including me and Teresa(go figure), tried to get the kids to listen.

“Come on! Help guys!” Teresa shouted, trying to help. “Just cooperate and we'll be fine.”

It… Didn’t really help, honestly.

But seriously, really? Everyone just ran around screaming or doing nothing. And we were in the middle of the freaking library. Hello? Big sign on the front that says “Quiet at all times”? Yeah… Someone needed to remind everyone that. And so I decided, well, why not?

“ATTENTION EVERYONE! WE NEED YOU TO ALL COOPERATE SO WE CAN GET THIS OVER WITH SOONER!! NOW LISTEN FOR INSTRUCTIONS QUIETLY!!!” I yelled, projecting my voice as far as it could go. I don’t know if it was just me, but my voice sounded different.

Instant silence. All eyes were on me.

Awkward…

Mrs. Draco cleared her throat. “Thank you, Angela. Now I need you to listen,” and block the doors, get in attendance line, blah blah blah, and all that fantastic stuff.

We ended up sitting in a tight little corner, shoved against all the other kids. It was uncomfortable, I’ll tell ya. Especially if you had the guys there, then you take the giggly girls, then you have the guys who flirt all the time, and there… You know what? Forget it.

Next to me, though, Goth Girl clutched her necklace and grimaced slightly. (Read: Teresa) I looked at her, and- I’m guessing, but you can never know- the same thought filled our minds: Something bad was coming. Soon.

I felt myself stiffen a little as everyone else gasped when a figure came into view, walking calmly.
“It's Mr. Navarro,” kids murmured.

“What’s he doing here?” Stephen asked, somewhere off to my right.

Hmm. Mr. Navarro had a downright furtive expression; staring at everyone brooding eyes looking so full of malice I couldn’t believe it was possible. I knew there was something off with Mr. Navarro, in fact, something about my Spanish class today...

“Συνεχίστε με τις κουρούνες,” I swore, not even understanding what I was saying.

Teresa stared at me weirdly like she knew what I said and wasn't so glad with it.

Mrs. Draco stood up and shouted, “Paul! Paul!”

He smiled, weirdly, and get this: He flickered. Right in front of my eyes. His whole body morphed, from a regular middle aged man to a seven foot tall creature, with glinting white horns, entire form packed with enormous muscles, brown fur like a bull’s, and all the works of the definition grotesque.

But it was only for an instant. I rubbed my eyes as I saw the normal Mr. Navarro. I involuntarily shivered, and I swear, he looked at me evilly for a second.

“What in the world? You see that Teresa?” I asked. Because this wasn’t a regular reoccurring appearance, right?

“Of course. Please tell me I'm hallucinating.” She replied almost sarcastically. I sighed. Goth girl, woohoo. Leave it to her to take everything so sarcastically. I glanced at everyone else; it seemed no one else had seemed to realize Mr. Navarro had just changed. Huh...

Teresa spoke again, this time her voice no longer sarcastic, but holding realization in it.

“I don’t think anyone could see that… Except for you and me,” she finally said.

I tilted my head. There was something- something crucial- that I didn’t know. It was all part of the bigger picture. But what picture? There were definitely things at play here. Part of the bigger picture…

“That's strange. But why-”

I wasn’t able to finish my thought.

Bookshelves crashed as a terrifying “BOOM!” exploded in our ears. Everyone screamed, but it was all I could do from screaming as well. Mr. Navarro- wait. Where was Mr. Navarro? He had been there an instant earlier, but now, he had vanished. I couldn’t find him anywhere. I stood up and glanced, narrowing my eyes.

I was jerked hard to the right. “Whlah!” I yelled, flailing my arms around. Teresa had dragged me by my arm really hard.

“What the heck do you-” I stopped myself. Just where I’d been standing a mere moment ago was now dominated by a fallen bookshelf. Teresa had probably just saved my life.

“Thanks,” I now said hoarsely. A word of thanks spoken; a silent apology given. She nodded grimly.

But another crash brought us back to reality. Mr. Navarro stood behind the fallen shelf, glaring at the both of us. She said something that I couldn’t make out and charged.

My first thought: What an idiot. Then I jumped into action to save Teresa. I shoved her out of the way so he narrowly missed us, by an inch. And then… I don’t know exactly what happened, but I went onto autopilot, doing but not thinking. I leaped onto the display case of swords that was next to the toppled bookcases. Smashing the glass, I reached in and took out a couple of swords. Teresa was still frozen in shock. I really couldn’t blame her.

“Well? What are you waiting for? Let’s do this!” I shouted confidently. I tossed a sword to Teresa and jumped back down.

“Ah!” I shrieked. My ankle…

Pain shot up my ankle, making me collapse to the ground in pain.

I shook my head a bit. I couldn’t worry about that now. Leaning on one leg, I charged after Mr. Navarro, still on his madman’s rampage. Teresa burst into action right next me, and it was like the Goth Vortex of Death. It was beautiful. I didn’t know where she learned the moves, but man, that girl was one heck of a fighter. I tried to help, but ended up landing painfully on my crumpled ankle instead.

A hand gripped my shoulder. “Are you okay?”

Stephen. I nodded and he took the weapon from me, joining Teresa. The two of them were like a pair of dancers, swinging lethally with flashing speed.

“The corner!” Teresa screamed back at me, her forehead loaded with sweat. “The symbols, I can’t read them!”

What corner? I turned back and saw one, with inscriptions on it I’ve never noticed before. First day, right?

“Just dial and turn!” Stephen shouted. Both of them were heavily occupied, still whirling against whatever Mr. Navarro had turned into.

Wincing painfully, I crawled to the corner. I stared at it incomprehensibly, none of it making any sense. I can’t do this, I thought. I can’t do this, and if someone gets hurt, it’s all my fault. Tears leaked out of my cheeks because I couldn’t do it. I glared at the lock, and my mind clicked into place.

“Of course…” I murmured. I began to work quickly now, pulling switches, turning gears, and slamming knobs into place. Five minutes later, I faced the last and most challenging part of the code. I wasn’t educated enough in terms of trigonometry and I sucked at math. And basically everything else as well.

“Oh dear,” I muttered to myself. I hobbled carefully around the raging battle, despaired at what I saw. Teresa was slowing down, retreating, and anyone could tell she was tired. Stephen tried to cover her, but I watched him go down.

Focus. You can do this. There’s a reason why you ended u here, I thought furiously, shredding through pages of math textbook. Got it! I staggered back, turned a couple of somersaults, and inputted the last digits. I glanced back at Teresa, Stephen nowhere to be seen.

“Please, please let this worked,” I prayed. Holding my breath, I turned the central lock, and a pathway opened.

“Teresa!” I screamed, getting hit by a flying book. She looked over and immediately understood. Good, but just a problem: Mr. Navarro still in the way.
I forced myself to run, almost shrieking with pain every time I set my hurt ankle down. I reached Teresa and got to her just in time. Clenching my teeth and jumping on one foot now, I half lead, half carried Teresa back to the portal.

I shoved Teresa in, and then got ready to jump in myself.

“Stephen!” I remembered, cursing myself for forgetting him. Stephen was still somewhere far away, holding off Mr. Navarro.

Too late. Mr. Navarro spotted us and charged, roaring.

“STEPHEN!!!” I yelled. He saw me, kicked Mr. Navarro in the chest, and rushed over.

“Go!” he ordered.

“But what about you?” I asked.

“I’ll be fine. Go!” he repeated. “I’ll meet you on the other side. They’ll keep you and Teresa safe. Now go!”

What other side? Who are they? I didn’t have time to think. He gently pushed me and I tumbled into the darkness, crashing on my ankle -again. I looked back up just in time to see Stephen slam the tunnel cover on top of us into place and run back towards Mr. Navarro.

“Teresa?” I asked, genuinely scared. My top two fears: the darkness and heights.

“Right here,” she replied somewhere off to my left. I almost jumped. Like I said, I’m not a fan of the dark. “Wait… Hang on sec, I’ll get some light.”

I saw the dim glow of a cell phone turn on, and Teresa looked terrible. I mean, her face and arms were covered with bruises and I think I saw blood trickling down one cheek.

She grinned. “Wonderful day isn't it? A scraped back, a bazillion scratches and bruises in about three hours.” She sighed. “Time for an adventure to the ‘other side'. Ready?” she asked jokingly. I tried to smile, but winced instead.

“My ankle,” I whispered. I started to cry again. “Something happened to it.”

She glanced at it and helped me up. “You’ll be fine,” she said, rolling her eyes. “C’mon. I’ll help you walk. Let’s get out of this freaking place.”

I sighed, feeling beaten. Leaning on her, trying not to grimace or seem like a total crybaby, Teresa and I slowly made our way down the pathway until we saw a door with a padlock. Teresa hacked it like no one’s business.

“Woah,” I joked, trying for a laugh. “Didn’t know you could do that, Goth Girl.”

She smiled. “Likewise, Miss Princess.”

I grinned, and for the first time, I felt a friendly spark between us. Together we yanked open the door and walked into the welcoming sunshine…

And also straight into an army of roughly ten armored kids, all brandishing weapons, right at us. They gasped at us. Next to me, Teresa gulped nervously. We didn’t even know where we were. Was this the other side Stephen was talking about? I stifled a scream, and then very heroically, I passed out.

there u go!

over a year ago LeoNicoCrazaiii said…
big smile
man i feel like i havent been on fanpop in ages
anyways...
stephen = satyr?
gasping people = campers?
campers= Camp Half Blood?!?

so many questions!
will u do me the honor of answering them...
rainbow_girl commented…
hehe! maybe(were not sure yet), yes, and yes. :) over a year ago
big smile
Awshum chapter! ^-^
I most wholeheartedly concur, this is nothing, if not epic! I am waiting with baited breath for the next chapter!
corrected commented…
plz speak like a normal person. even old people dont sound like that. ooooooooooo nevermind. i bet english isnt ur native language. nevermind over a year ago
snowflakes989 commented…
at least agamotto can speak english. over a year ago
sad
lol! thnx guys! i would start on the next chappie now if i could, but i wont be home the entire day. sry.
over a year ago LeosGirl said…
heart
Amazing!!!! I love it, guys!!! Sorry, I just got caught up. I intend to keep reading. :D
nice post
Hi agamotto! Welcome to the party. Sorry that it took me a long time to write, but I hope you enjoyed it!
rainbow_girl commented…
sigh. and ur STILL here. leave me to post everything when u can still help out. hehe! lol. jk. :] over a year ago
u talk like english isnt ur native language agamattao
Actually, it is. I just happen to carefully choose my words so as not to be misunderstood, not that it always works..
Be thankful that I don't go into Shakespearean mode, I LOVE his plays!
rainbow_girl commented…
ummm... okaay... but ur perfectly understood. :) over a year ago
corrected commented…
haha plz dont go into shakesperean mode over a year ago
agamotto commented…
Sadly, I do not own an X Box. :( over a year ago
Ok....You're 41. And you're reading this. No, I'm not judging. Oh, and rainbow, my dad allowed me to stay for another month, although I'll be on significantly less.
corrected commented…
ur too judging over a year ago
rainbow_girl commented…
true. over a year ago
agamotto commented…
Great literature is great literature, no matter how old the writer is! over a year ago
smile
im on my way home, so ill start borking on the next chappie asap.