The Outsiders Ponyboy (only if read the book)

divergirl5396 posted on Nov 10, 2008 at 09:20PM
I think Ponyboy should'nt of had to suffer the emotional and physical trauma he did after johnnys death I mean it really messed him up soda and darry should have been there for him more.But thats just my opinion what do you think. I really want to know.

The Outsiders 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago BffAlyssa said…
sad
Umm.. idk. I mean he made it through. Soda went through stuff too. I mean Sandy left him for another man's baby IN florida
over a year ago axemnas said…
I agree with BffAlyssa everyone was going through somthing
over a year ago Della787 said…
Regardless of whether Soda and Darry were there for Pony more or not, Pony would have suffered some type of emotional/physical trauma from it. I mean, his parents died--he almost died--he saw a dead body--he experienced a fire--watched as two people he considered family die...

And I think Darry and Soda were there for him as much as they could. Wasn't Soda with him every night comforting him when he had nightmares?
over a year ago Lilrue87 said…
hmmm
Yah that was pretty upsetting at the end how he went into an emotional breakdown. I didn't think that Darry and Soda weren't there for pony, he'd just been through a lot and sometimes things happen, I mean he had a concussion and everything, the odds were apparently not in his favor, and thats the way S.E. Hinton wrote it! Lawlz!
over a year ago madaboutmovies said…
monkey
I think Soda and Darry were there Pony. Its just that they had so much to deal with already. And its like Darry said " you dont stop living because you lose someone, you should know that".
over a year ago hotboyzrulez said…
sad
Me too, i mean Ponyboy already has enough to worry about with the socs after him, and all that, that the last thing he needs is Jihnny dieing.
over a year ago Cherry6660 said…
sad
I think they were there for him as much as posible but everybody goes though shit.I think they did but they also had to work to make a living like darry said you cant stop living because you lose someone.
over a year ago theoutsiders said…
i agree with madaboutmovies and BFFAlyssa
over a year ago LinaHarrow said…
I agree with Della787. They said it best.
over a year ago PonygirlCurtis7 said…
i agree with @LinaHarrow
man, everybodys agreein with someone lol :D
over a year ago MatureTeen said…
Ponyboy was at a very trying age on top of all he went through. I know I would be in trauma if I went through everything he did. I don't even know if I could hold as well. Della787, you are spot on and I greatly appreciate the correct grammar and lack of slang.