The Heroes of Olympus The Hero's read The lighting thief!:)

percabeth143 posted on Feb 04, 2012 at 02:55AM
Heey:)
So this is my first forum and I'm really excited about it:) I'll post whenever i can, like one chapter a week! So this is whats its all about...

Its about Annabeth and the gang at camp half-blood before they go to get Percy. This is were Jason Leo and Piper learn about Percy's adventures through the books the gods send them. It basically says there reactions and behind the scenes:)

I'll try to finish the book, but it will probably take a long time so bare with me. I'll post a chapter now but if i don't get answers i'll just delete it.

Criticism is appreciated and any suggestions are welcome:)
Thanks and i hope you enjoy it:) Tell your friends

Yours in Demi-godessnish and stuff,
Peace out:P

p.s I do not own any of these characters! they belong to Rick Riordan.

The Heroes of Olympus 26 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago killer24 said…
Cool good luck
over a year ago percabeth143 said…
No ones pov.
Annabeth was waking up when something hit her on the head. It was a box. She opened it cautiously and found 5 book. When she looked at the titles she nearly screamed. There was a note on the first one. It read
Dear Demi-god,
We wish to tell you about Percy Jacksons adventures from his point of view so you get to know him better before you rescue him from the roman camp. Please note that you must share this information with everyone.
Thank you for your cooperation,
The gods of Olympus.

Thank the gods Thaila was here to help with the boat because she was the first person she san into.

“Thaila,” She said panting, “this package came in and hit me on the head this morning.” Thaila looked confused. She started to say "wha-" but Annabeth interrupted her.

“Tell everyone to meet in the rec. room in the big house now so we can read them. There about Percy.” As soon as she said the last word Thaila’s eyes widened and she nodded, running off to get the others.

15 minutes later everyone was there. Jason and Piper were sitting next to each other, which was now surprise. Leo was trying to get Thaila’s number and kept getting turned down. Grover was there eating a tin can as if it were an apple and talking to Rachel. Nico was playing with his scull ring. Connor was looking half asleep and Travis was flirting with Katie who looked at him in disinterest. Clarisse looked bored with her feet on the ping pong table and her hand behind her head.

“Um... ok since everyones here i guess we should start reading.” Annabeth said.

“I want to read.” Connor said. Shocked faces filled the room. “What i could read ya know. Im not just amazingly good at pranks.” He smiled and took the first book.

He started to read “ Percy Jackson and The Olympians The Lighting Thief Book 1”

Annabeth took in a sharp breath and Grover looked at her. The both had come to the same conclusion. This is about his quests. This holds secrets that he may not want to share. They kept it to themselves but they felt bad. Connor continued to read again.

I ACCIDENTALLY VAPORIZE MY PRE-ALGEBRA TEACHER

“How do you do that?” Leo asked.
“Percy always finds a way.” Annabeth said. All the people who knew percy nodded.

Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.
“No one wants to be one Prissy!” Clairisse exclaimed.

If you're reading this because you think you might be one, my advice is,
“Guys block your ears! My cousin is giving advice!” Thaila shouted. Annabeth just looked sad.
“He’s not that bad.” She said low enough for the people next to her to hear. Piper patted her back. Connor did the smart thing and started to read again.

close this book right now. Believe what-ever lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to lead a normal life.
“Eh, not bad advice if you ask me.” Jason said.

Being a half-blood is dangerous.
“Wimp.” Clarisse snapped.

It's scary.
“Like we didn’t know that.”Nico snorted.
“Nico,” Rachel said, “your talking to a book.”
“Oh...”

Most of the time, it gets you killed in painful, nasty ways.
The demi-gods shuttered.

If you're a normal kid, reading this because you think it's fiction, great. Read on. I envy you for being able to believe that none of this ever happened.
“Don’t we all.” Thaila sigh.

But if you recognize yourself in these pages—if you feel something stirring inside—stop reading immediately.
Connor shut the book. “Well,” he didn’t have time to finish the thought because Katie smaked him in the head. “OW! What was that for? I just did what the book told me too!” All the demi-gods sighed. Jason took the book and started to read.

You might be one of us. And once you know that, it's only a matter of time before they sense it too, and they'll come for you.
“Who?” Travis asked.
“The monsters dummy!” Katie said.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
“That’s because you didn’t Percy!” Nico yelled and Thaila sent a lighting bolt at him.

My name is Percy Jackson.
“No really? I had no idea!” Connor said sarcastically . Leo and Travis laughed, then got hit by katie who told them to shut up.

i'm twelve years old. Until afew months ago, I was a boarding student at Yancy Academy, a private school for troubled kids in upstate New York.
“Hey, that’s like the Wilderness school.” Piper said. Grover shuttered remembering that year.

Am I a troubled kid?
Yeah. You could say that.

Snickers came from the demi-gods.

I could start at any point in my short miserable life to prove it, but things really started going bad last May, when our sixth-grade class took a field trip to Manhattan— twenty-eight mental-case kids and two teachers on a yellow school bus, heading to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at ancient Greek and Roman stuff.
“Sounds fun.” Annabeth said.
“That trip was not fun.” Grover said.

I know—it sounds like torture.
Leo laughed. “My gods, when will we meet this kid! He’s hilarious.” Jason and Piper nodded. They wanted to meet him too they heard so many stories but had no idea who he was. They wanted to fin out.

Most Yancy field trips were.
But Mr. Brunner, our Latin teacher, was leading this trip, so I had hopes.
“Go Chiron!” Rachel exclaimed which got her some odd looks from the demi-gods who didn’t know that Mr. Brunner was Chiron’s undercover name. She blushed.

Mr. Brunner was this middle-aged guy in a motorized wheelchair.
‘Or so he thinks...” Nico said with a devious grin.

He had thinning hair and a scruffy beard and a frayed tweed jacket, which always smelled like coffee. You wouldn't think he'd be cool, but he told stories and jokes and let us play games in class. He also had this awesome collection of Roman armor and weapons, so he was the only teacher whose class didn't put me to sleep.
“Wow, with Percy i didn’t even think that was possible!” Travis said and Katie smacked him.
“Will you shut up Travis?” She asked.
“Will you go on a date with me?”
“No”
“Then your going to have to put up with me talking babe.” she scowled and he grinned. Jason went back to reading.

I hoped the trip would be okay. At least, I hoped that for once I wouldn't get in trouble.
“As if that is possible with Percy.” Annabeth sigh.

Boy, was I wrong.
The demi-gods let out nervous laughs.
See, bad things happen to me on field trips.
“Not just field trips. But everywhere you go you attract trouble.” Thaila said. Everyone nodded except Jason, Leo and Piper who looked confused.

Like at my fifth-grade school, when we went to the Saratoga battlefield, I had this accident with a Revolutionary War cannon. I wasn't aiming for the school bus, but of course I got expelled anyway.
“Seriously, how can he not be our brother?” Connor asked.

And before that, at my fourth-grade school, when we took a behind-the-scenes tour of the Marine World shark pool, I sort of hit the wrong lever on the catwalk and our class took an unplanned swim. And the time before that... Well, you get the idea.
“Yeah, we get it Jackson, now bring some action into this, i’m getting bored.” Clarisse said. No one told her that she was talking to a book because they were scared she would run them through with her spear.

This trip, I was determined to be good.
“As is if that were possible.” Nico said and Thaila hit him in the head.
“Can you guys stop flirting, we are trying to read a book.” Piper said. Jason snickered and got a death glare from the son of the god of the dead.

All the way into the city, I put up with Nancy Bobofit, the freckly, redheaded kleptomaniac girl,
Everyone looked at Travis and Connor. They looked like they were counting down.
“You wouldn’t” Annabeth said.
“3,2,1...” BOOMMMM!! All of a sudden the rec. room of the big house was filled with the smell of farts.
“TRAVIS, CONNOR,” Rachel yelled. The Stolls laughed.
“You have just been Stolled! Boo-yaa!!” The brothers high 5’d each other. It took 45 minutes to take the stink out of the room. After they got the stink out, Jason went back to reading.

Thats all i could do so ill try to post soon:) Please comment... i want to hear what you have to say:) Thanks you
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago killer24 said…
Great love it
over a year ago demigodsrule312 said…
big smile
That was hilarious post soon!!!
Thanks and imma post tomorrow:) hopefully ill finish the first chapter:D ill post if i get 5 posts on this:)
peace out:P
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago parras2 said…
smile
lol post soon
over a year ago percyroxz said…
big smile
post soon can't wait and thx for reading my forum. welcome to the club
over a year ago CalebChase said…
smile
SOOOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
over a year ago rock4ever said…
big smile
hi i just found this forum and i love it! :D please post soon and i wonder........ when they read "The Last Olympon" and the part when percy shows annabeth his mark (sorry forgot what it was called) on his back...... what would annabeth do? anyway post soon! :D (i know i said that two times but i really like this story and i want to read more, so please post soon!)
smile
Heey guys:) Thanks I'm really happy that you guys like the story!
I'll post the end of the chapter this afternoon:)
And rock4ever i wanted to know that too:) it would be interesting to see what she would do:P
Anyways ill pot later
over a year ago demigodsrule312 said…
big smile
YES 1 minute where I live......
You might live somewhere else but yeah post soon or
NOW IT'S 12:00 PM EXACTLY!!!
over a year ago rock4ever said…
big smile
ha ha ha i bet she well get all red and be like "EVERYONE DONT READ THIS PART!!!!!!! SKIP IT!!!!!!!!!!!" or something like that! anyway post soon! :D
Heyy guys!!
Im back sorry for not posting sooner but here is is now. Its not the hole thing but it was all i could finish in-between homework and studying:P
Anyway enjoy;)

hitting my best friend Grover in the back of the head with chunks of peanut butter-and-ketchup sandwich.
Every one looked at Grover who sank in his chair and said, “In my defense, i couldn’t attack her. That head master was CREEPY!”
“Ketchup and peanut butter? Who in the hades eats that.” Annabeth said. Piper made a gagging noice and Leo turned and interesting shade of green.
Grover was an easy target.
Snickers came up from the Stoll’s.
He was scrawny.
Grover pouted, “Thanks Percy, that totally makes me feel better.” Thaila patted his back trying not to laugh
He cried when he got frustrated.
Everyone laughed and the color grover was turning would make the strawberries in the field jealous.
He must've been held back several grades, because he was the only sixth grader with acne and the start of a wispy beard on his chin. On top of all that, he was crippled.
“Ok can we please skip ahead, i’m getting bored.” Clarisse complained.
“I’m with Clarisse on that.” Grover added frowning at the 'compliments his best friend was giving him.
He had a note excusing him from PE for the rest of his life because he had some kind of muscular disease in his legs. He walked funny, like every step hurt him, but don't let that fool you. You should've seen him run when it was enchilada day in the cafeteria.
Grover blushed, “ Well the enchiladas were amazing.”
Anyway, Nancy Bobofit was throwing wads of sandwich that stuck in his curly brown hair, and she knew I couldn't do anything back to her because I was already on probation. The headmaster had threatened me with death by in-school suspension if anything bad, embarrassing, or even mildly entertaining happened on this trip.
"I'm going to kill her," I mumbled.

“Yes, please do.” Thaila said.
Grover tried to calm me down. "It's okay. I like peanut butter."
He dodged another piece of Nancy's lunch.

“why didn’t you let him hit her?” Clarisse asked.
"That's it." I started to get up, but Grover pulled me back to my seat.
“Grrrrr... you stop the only action in this story!” Clarisse screamed.
“Well maybe if you would be quiet, well get so some action!” Thaila snapped. and Annabeth took the book from Jason.
“I’m reading.” was all she said. Nobody argued.
"You're already on probation," he reminded me. "You know who'll get blamed if anything happens."
Looking back on it, I wish I'd decked Nancy Bobofit right then and there. In-school suspension would've been nothing compared to the mess I was about to get myself into.

“Dunn,duuunnnn,duuuuuunnnnnnnn...” Travis said dramatically which got him a smack on the head that sent him off his chair and onto the floor.
“Thank’s Clarisse, but try not to kill people.” Rachel said sweetly.
Mr. Brunner led the museum tour.
He rode up front in his wheelchair, guiding us through the big echoey galleries, past marble statues and glass cases full of really old black-and-orange pottery.
It blew my mind that this stuff had survived for two thousand, three thousand years.

“Probably more than that.” Jason said.
He gathered us around a thirteen-foot-tall stone col-umn with a big sphinx on the top, and started telling us how it was a grave marker, astele, for a girl about our age. He told us about the carvings on the sides. I was trying to listen to what he had to say, because it was kind of interesting,
“Wo-” someone started to say but Annabeth interupted.
“Shut it, he’s talking about greek stuff and trying to listen to a teacher. When we get him back i’m going to prove it to him that it is possible not to fall asleep during every class.”
but everybody around me was talking, and every time I told them to shut up, the other teacher chaperone, Mrs. Dodds, would give me the evil eye.
“Beware the evil eye.” Leo said which got him a smack on the head by Piper.
“Geez beauty queen, why so violent? Is it that time of the month again?” This statement got him a lighting bolt to the head and one to the stomach curtsy of Thaila and Jason.
“Someone take him to the infirmary, i think he’s-”
“Thaila, I love you. Will you marry me?” Leo murmured rolling on the floor, his eyes still closed. Thaila made a gagging noise. Annabeth rolled her eyes and went back to reading before anyone else could interrupt her.
Mrs. Dodds was this little math teacher from Georgia who always wore a black leather jacket, even though she was fifty years old. She looked mean enough to ride a Harley right into your locker. She had come to Yancy halfway through the year, when our last math teacher had a nervous breakdown.
“I wonder why?” Connor said rubbing his chin.
From her first day, Mrs. Dodds loved Nancy Bobofit and figured I was devil spawn.
“Interesting choice of words” Nico mumbled. Thaila rolled her eyes.
She would point her crooked finger at me and say, "Now, honey," real sweet, and I knew I was going to get after-school detention for a month.
“I really hated her.” Grover grumbled.
One time, after she'd made me erase answers out of old math workbooks until midnight, I told Grover I didn't think Mrs. Dodds was human. He looked at me, real seri-ous, and said, "You're absolutely right."
“Way to blow your cover, goat-boy!” Clarisse said.

There you have it:) ill try to post as soon as i can:) thanks for commenting and check out mu pictures i made to see if there any good:P
Your's I'm demi-godessnish and stuff.
over a year ago oceanlover123 said…
big smile
awesome chaps! Keep psoting dude!
over a year ago MythicLover said…
Amazing post soon please!
over a year ago Nemisis said…
mischievous
really good post soon
Heey guys:) sorry i haven't posted in a while but i had A LOT of homework so here a preview of the end of the chapter:)
Thanks and enjoy:)

Mr. Brunner kept talking about Greek funeral art.
Finally, Nancy Bobofit snickered something about the naked guy on the stele, and I turned around and said, "Will youshut up?"
“Im really starting to hate this girl.” Piper announced. Everyone nodded.
It came out louder than I meant it to. The whole group laughed. Mr. Brunner stopped his story."Mr. Jackson," he said, "did you have a comment?"
“Ohhhh... busteddd” Travis and Connor said and Katie got up and smacked them.
“Wow... What happened?” Leo said waking up.
“Well lets see,” Grover said, “You finally confessed to loving Thaila and you asked her to marry you.” Leo turned so red that it looked like fire but didn’t deny it.
My face was totally red.
'Hey just like leo's did" Nico joked. Let's just say the fire guy caused Nico's pants to go on fire.
I said, "No, sir."
Mr. Brunner pointed to one of the pictures on the stele. "Perhaps you'll tell us what this picture represents?"

Please know the answer seaweed brain,Annabeth thought.
I looked at the carving, and felt a flush of relief, because I actually recognized it. "That's Kronos eating his kids, right?"
"Yes," Mr. Brunner said, obviously not satisfied. "And hedid this because ..." "Well..." I racked my brain to remember. "Kronos was the king god, and—"

“GOD???” Everyone shouted.
"Geez after defeating that 'god' i'd figure he would no the difference." Thaila murmureed.
“Hey,” annabeth said before they started to take their anger out on the book. “He didn’t know about this world. It an honest mistake.”
“Aww, is Annie standiin up for her boyfriend.” Travis cooed.
“Don’t. Call. Me. Annie.”
"God?" Mr. Brunner asked.
"Titan," I corrected myself. "And ... he didn't trust his kids, who were the gods. So, um, Kronos ate them, right? But hiswife hid baby Zeus, and gave Kronos a rock to eat instead. And later, when Zeus grew up, he tricked his dad, Kronos, into barfing up his brothers and sisters—"
"Eeew!" said one of the girls behind me.

“Got that right.” Jason murmured.
"—and so there was this big fight between the gods and the Titans," I continued, "and the gods won."
“Woah, this guy just summed up like a thousand year of fighting and bloodshed.” Leo said.
Some snickers from the group.
Behind me, Nancy Bobofit mumbled to a friend, "Like we're going to use this in real life. Like it's going to say on our job applications, 'Please explain why Kronos ate his kids.'"
“Ok, when this Nancy chick dies... INTERNAL PUNISHMENT!!!” Nico shouted.
“You can do that?” Jason asked
Nico smirked, “I have my ways.” And everyone scooted away from him.
"And why, Mr. Jackson," Brunner said, "to paraphrase Miss Bobofit's excellent question, does this matter in real life?"
“Busted.” Connor smirked.
"Busted," Grover muttered.
“Oh my gods i think like a goat.” Connor wiped a fake tear from his eye.
“Is there a problem with that?” Grover asked looming over Connor who sunk in his chair.
"Shut up," Nancy hissed, her face even brighter red than her hair.
At least Nancy got packed, too. Mr. Brunner was the only one who ever caught her saying anything wrong. He had radar ears.

“That’s because he’s half horse Percy.” Rachel said.
“Yo, oracle gir,” Leo said. “Your talking to a book.”

Alright so i'll try to post soon:)
Yours in demigoddessnish and all that,
big smile
awesome post soon. even though u just did. and is percy going to make an appearance?????
over a year ago oceanlover123 said…
big smile
awesome keep posting!
over a year ago crystalluv4book said…
smile
Please post soon!!!
over a year ago MythicLover said…
cool post sometime soon please!!
crying
plz post
over a year ago universalpowa said…