The Heroes of Olympus Magic

Magic-Girl posted on Oct 18, 2011 at 01:13AM
Okay so not really about percy jackson but Rick Riordan inspired me so ya..... I am also new to fanpop and i just wanted to get an opinion on my writing. i want to know if i am good enough to pursue writing. i am 13. 8th grade.
Prologue
He rose up from the ground with a feirce light. Tears came to my eyes, my father was being lifted away by the light. Never to be seen again. The light flew towards me, when it got near me it changed into a humanoid shape and said
"You're next witch."
"Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!" I woke up gasping for air as if my room, was trying to squeeze me to death. a dream I have been having since my father dissapeared from the funeral home ten years ago. i was four then.
I looked at my alarm clock, it was six thirty in the morning, might as well get up for school. Yawn. i got to breakfast after brushing my teeth, washing my face, and getting changed. Lets see what we have today, cereal, great. I sleepily got milk, cereal, a bowl, and a spoon. crunch, crunch, blah!!! I nearly spewed the cereal all over the table. Disgusting, way to plain, I need sugar. man i wish i had some sugar, i closed my eyes and when i opened them there was a bowl of sugar sitting in front of me. Was that always there? It doesnt matter I got my sugar, I scooped some in and scooped in a mouthful. Mmmm, good.
"hey, kate." my best guy friend, Nathan, greeted me.
"Hey whats up?" I asked him.
"Nothing much." He replied.
"Same." I returned. The bus finally pulled up and we rushed in. Nathan and I rushed to the very back of the bus. We always sat there. We tried our best to be the first ones on the bus. Nathans mother also died and disappeared when he was four. I think thats one of the reasons we are such good friends.
We got to school and went to our lockers, which were right next to each other. We both had P.E. first period, so we walked together to that. There were ups and downs to having P.E. first period. The ups are it will wake you up and you get to start off your day off with a game. The downs are it is freezing cold outside, like today. We have to run today and i hated the cold.
We ran through the trails when i saw it. The light, it was right there in the forest. Nobody was around me, so i went to investigate. I ran into the woods, and soon got lost. I wandered around a bit trying to stay calm. When I heard a rustling of bushes behind me, I whirled around into a fighting stance.
"Who's there!?!" I said trying to sound feirce, but came out as a squeak.
"Kate?" I heard a voice reply.
"Nathan?" I replied in confusion and releif. He stepped out from behind the bushes.
"Hey there you are. I saw you go off the trail, so I followed you." Nathan informed me.
" Oh-okay. I just thought i saw something....." I let the sentence trail off.
"Okay then w-" Nathan was interupted.
"Watch out!" I yelled as I pushed him aside. The light was right there and threw something at Nathan. The something hit me instead. I dropped to the ground like a ton of bricks. Nathan stared at me, as I drifted in and out of consciousness. The last thing I heard and saw was Nathan screaming,
"Leave Kate alone!" then he put his hand up and an invisible wall hit the light and it dissapeared. I let the blackness take over. I woke up with a searing pain in my head.
"Oooooooooohhhhh." i moaned.
"Look who's up. How are you feeling?" Nathan asked with concern in his voice.
"It feels like I got punched in the gut." I managed to reply
"Well, kind of." Nathan said matter-of-factly.
"Wait what happened?" I asked. That's when it hit me. The light was there and hit me. Nathan did something that made it go away,"Oh, ya, the light."
"The what?" Nathan questioned confused.
"The light, the thing that attacked us." I explained.
"Oh, that hting, I think I have seen it before in my dreams." Nathan revealed.
"Dreams? What kind of dreams?" I asked interested now.
"Well I have been having these dreams about a light taking away my mother. I have been having that dream since the day they dissapeared. Then the light would say 'you're next'" Nathan explained as I sat there in shock. He has been having the same dreams as me.
"I have been having those dreams too!" I exclaimed.
"That is so bizarre." Nathan replied.
"Ya....."I trailed off.
"What is something bothering you?" Nathan asked concerned.
"No, well kind of. When I was about to pass out I thought I saw you make a wall that pushed the light away. I was probably just hallucinating though." I shot out. Nathan looked down, not meeting my gaze. When he finally looked up he said,
"You weren't hallucinating. I did make a wall. It is actually called a shelfor spell. It makes a force feild zone around the speaker of the spell." He explained reluctentaly.
"How did you do it though?"I asked
"You're going to think I'm crazy but I am a warlock," Nathan revealed,"I was sent to protect you and take you to MAGIC. A safe house for witches and warlocks."
"Okay, so, how do we get there?" I questioned.
"It's close." He answered. I nodded. We started walking when I felt a spark inside of me, a spark of magic! It felt good, then I heard a voice behind me,
"Sleep." I fell.
I gasped. Waking up in my room, in my own bed. What was going on? It was all a dream, I couldn't believe it, it was all a dream. I knew it wasn't, though. The spark, I could still the spark growing inside of me.
last edited on Oct 18, 2011 at 01:18AM

The Heroes of Olympus 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DaughterofEris said…
big smile
Cool! A dream within a dream.... < Inception XD

Its a good story just remember to capitalize 'I'
over a year ago Magic-Girl said…
laugh
thnx. ya I wish it would capitalize them for me. ya and wats weird is that i havnt even seen inception! :D
over a year ago kgirl925 said…
laugh
Hey, checked out the link and this is great! :)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Magic-Girl said…
laugh
Thanx! :D