The Heroes of Olympus The Legion Reads the Lightning Thief

labyrinth75 posted on Jul 20, 2011 at 04:47PM
Hi Labyrinth here, this is just one of those normal "... Reads the ..." Fanfics but this time its the Romans. Anyway I had one with jason in but i can't be bothered doing that one any more so Bye-Bye to that one.

Rated: T (Possibly 4 later)
Characters:
Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon
Reyna, Daughetr of Minerva
Bobby, Son of Apollo
Dakota, Daughter of Mars
Hazel, Daughter of Pluto
Gwen, Daughter of Venus
Sean, Son of Mercury

Anyway hope you guys like it.

P.S. The reason why Reyna is a daughter of Minerva is because i've always done her as a daughter of Mars so I done it like this for a change.
P.P.S. This FanFic shall have short intervals such as stuff going on in Camp.
last edited on Jul 20, 2011 at 07:52PM

The Heroes of Olympus 32 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago athena305 said…
Cool! Can't wait! (Hint, hint).
over a year ago labyrinth75 said…
Chapter One (Reyna): Departure & Arrival

"Ugghhh…" I exclaimed as I attempted to stab the decoy used in training. I listened for the clank signaling that I had hit the object. Normally, I could hear the echo resound from the opening, but today, all I heard was my heavy panting. I looked up as the silence prolonged; my sword was in the same position as it was minutes ago when I attacked the target. Nowhere near the target. I yelled in frustration and felt my weak legs collapsing on to the training floor.
I just couldn't take it anymore; I could barely handle my sword. Jason, my Jason, was gone, but yet, the world was still continuing as though nothing had occurred. My control had broken and tears burst from my eyes as though a dam had broken, my hard outer shelter finally cracked. I didn't even bother trying to look presentable, like I normally did. As a daughter of Minerva, I ought to be strong so I had taken to practicing in the arena where nobody could see me. I hadn't even visited the dining pavilion in two days. Lupa, normally strict and cold, had left me alone after I had collapsed into a mess at her feet. I got up, trying to maintain my equilibrium.
"Hyyahhh," I screamed in frustration as I stabbed the mannequin, finally managing to pierce it through the center and into its "heart". Figurative of my life. I glanced down and for the first time noticed a shadow creeping up slowly. I turned around slowly when I felt a strong, firm grip on my shoulder, Sean Feather. I should have known, he could creep on anyone without them noticing till the final second. The whole camp knew he had a slight crush on me, but I never considered him anything more than a friend.
He was so tall that I had to look up to see him properly; his disheveled, dark hair flopped over his hazel eyes, so it was hard to see their expression. I moved away gently but firmly, showing him his limits. But today, he didn't seem to mind. Sean pushed his curly hair back, so that I could the angry glint in his eyes, "Lupa wants to see you, your majesty. Something top secret." I know he was being unnecessarily sarcastic but there was some truth in it. The camp had lost their leader, and I had to be there for them.
"Tell her that I'll be there in two minutes. I just need to clean this all up," I said, gesturing to the dummy I had stabbed. "No, now. It's urgent." he said determinedly. His mood seemed to have lightened for some reason. I threw my hands up in despair and allowed myself to be dragged to the campfire where all my friends were waiting: Gwendolyn, Bobby, Trinidad Wilson, Alice Jones, and Hazel. Lupa had summoned them to. Many other campers were milling around, trying to decipher the problem. We were led into Lupa's tent where she thrust a package at me.

Dear Reyna and Lupa,
The following books have been sent to prepare you for the arrival of the next great prophecy. To fully understand the true meaning, complete the 5 books.
In hopes of preventing a disastrous future,
Phoebus Apollo, Master of the Oracle

I ripped open the golden wrapping immediately and 5 books tumbled out, the first one: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief.
Loved it! Poor Reyna...Can't wait for more!
over a year ago OsnapitzJJ said…
ooooooooh I likes it;D
over a year ago ahotsummerday12 said…
laugh
Ehhhhe. I love it! Keep posting
over a year ago cro0010 said…
Cool, Keep writing. Feel sorry for Reyna though.
Thnx 4 the Comments everybody. Next Chapter should be up friday and they will only be posted on fridays. And plus they start reading the book next chapter & shall have a cliff-hanger(Hopefully)

Yay! Can't wait for Friday.
Well unless I'm mistaken its Friday, the day I promised a New chapter well here it is.

Chapter Two (Reyna): I Accidentally Vaporize my Pre-Algebra Teacher

Lupa growled at me as I flipped through the pages. She grabbed roughly out of my hand and pawed at vigorously. "No," she exclaimed, "The Gods made us swear, Chiron and I …" She stopped abruptly; I realized she had revealed something important but the menacing expression on her face prevented any questioning.

"I Accidentally Vaporize my Pre-Algebra Teacher," I started.
Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.

"He's one of us? Why haven't I heard of him before?"
Lupa turned away uncomfortably as though she wished she was anyplace but here.

If you're reading this because you think you might be one, my advice is: close this book right now.

"Fat chance, with Ms. I-love-every-book-I-meet here, there is no way I can…" Sean started sarcastically pointing at me. Luckily, Trinidad, preferred to be known as Train, had chosen this moment to hit him upside his head, so I continued.

Believe what ever lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to lead a normal life.
Being a half-blood is dangerous. It's scary. Most of the time, it gets you killed in painful, nasty ways.

"So true," Alice said and all the demigods nodded their heads vigorously.

If you're a normal kid, reading this because you think it's fiction, great. Read on. I envy you for being able to believe that none of this ever happened.

"This guy gives advice so seriously," Alice noted, her mischievous brown eyes gleaming with amusement.

But if you recognize yourself in these pages—if you feel something stirring inside—stop reading immediately. You might be one of us. And once you know that, it's only a matter of time before they sense it too, and they'll come for you.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

"You didn't," Bobby said so seriously that there was silence for a second. You know, the type of silence before people burst out laughing. He blushed as we started cracking up.

My name is Percy Jackson.

"Didn't see that one coming, not like it was part of the title or anything." Sean commented sarcastically.
"Sean, can I ask you a favor?"
"Yes, Reyna. Anything for you, my love."
"Good, now shut up!"

I'm twelve years old. Until a few months ago, I was a boarding student at Yancy Academy, a private school for troubled kids in upstate New York.
Am I a troubled kid?
Yeah. You could say that.

"Obviously you're troubled, you called yourself crazy, you idiot." Bobby commented
"Uh, Bobby… you do realize this is a book right?"
"I knew that," he retorted but everyone could see the embarrassment creeping into his face. "Stop staring and continue reading."
"Yes sir," I saluted, him mockingly.

I could start at any point in my short miserable life to prove it, but things really started going bad last May, when our sixth-grade class took a field trip to Manhattan— twenty-eight mental-case kids and two teachers on a yellow school bus, heading to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at ancient Greek and Roman stuff.

I interrupted myself to comment, "What idiot would not love that? This guy must be mentally insane."
"Yup, who wouldn't enjoy touring a museum? Besides, he does go to a school for mental-cases," Adalyn said quietly.
"Are you guys dumb? This takes place in New York. While you guys were bickering, I figured this out. Do you realize what this means…" Trinidad commented.
"You're right…" I said, the realization finally dawning on me, "Half-bloods are forbidden to go there because of the monsters. Lupa?"
"She left while you were reading, muttering something about testing the new campers of their worth. You know, the ritual we go through before we enter." Gwen said, speaking for the first time.
"Who could ever forget that?" Trinidad shuddered at the thought.

I know—it sounds like torture.

"Horror!" I gasped, "He doesn't appreciate great art, when he sees it!"
Hazel just shook her head at my attitude.

Most Yancy field trips were.
But Mr. Brunner, our Latin teacher, was leading this trip, so I had hopes.

"Good, so this guy is learning Latin. Best language there is." Sean boasted. "Apollo said that this book would explain coming events, so maybe this kid is coming to camp. If so, he needs to learn Latin. I love messing with new campers. Teaching complicated sword fighting methods the first day. Praise one of them, so that the others look like fools. That way the all gang up on that one and beat him to pulp… "
I looked at him in amazement.
"Hey, as a senior camper, I have the right to do that. It was done to me," he defended himself quickly.

Mr. Brunner was this middle-aged guy in a motorized wheelchair. He had thinning hair and a scruffy beard and a frayed tweed jacket, which always smelled like coffee. You wouldn't think he'd be cool, but he told stories and jokes and let us play games in class. He also had this awesome collection of Roman armor and weapons, so he was the only teacher whose class didn't put me to sleep.
I hoped the trip would be okay. At least, I hoped that for once I wouldn't get in trouble.

"Watch, he's going to get in trouble," Alice commented.
"How do you know?"
"Those type of statements are always ironic," she replied.

Boy, was I wrong.

"See,"

See, bad things happen to me on field trips. Like at my fifth-grade school, when we went to the Saratoga battlefield, I had this accident with a Revolutionary War cannon. I wasn't aiming for the school bus, but of course I got expelled anyway.
And before that, at my fourth-grade school, when we took a behind-the-scenes tour of the Marine World shark pool, I sort of hit the wrong lever on the catwalk and our class took an unplanned swim. And the time before that... Well, you get the idea.

"Dude, this kid is awesome. I bet he's a son of Mercury. No one else has the intelligence for that type of stunt," Sean and Alice chorused.
"Well, my mother is Minerva, goddess of…" I began
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. We've all before. Goddess of wisdom, battle, and strategy. We get it." Adalyn said, clearly annoyed.
Gee, I must say that more often than I thought.

This trip, I was determined to be good.
All the way into the city, I put up with Nancy Bobofit, the freckly, redheaded kleptomaniac girl, hitting my best friend Grover in the back of the head with chunks of peanut butter-and-ketchup sandwich.

"EEWWWW," Gwendolyn exclaimed in disgust. She then combed her hair carefully as if she was checking to see if she had any on her hair. She shuddered slightly. Typical daughter of Venus.

Grover was an easy target. He was scrawny. He cried when he got frustrated. He must've been held back several grades, because he was the only sixth grader with acne and the start of a wispy beard on his chin. On top of all that, he was crippled.

"He's probably a faun," I inserted quickly.
Everyone glared, "We know."

He had a note excusing him from PE for the rest of his life because he had some kind of muscular disease in his legs. He walked funny, like every step hurt him, but don't let that fool you. You should've seen him run when it was enchilada day in the cafeteria.

Everyone chuckled at this statement.

Anyway, Nancy Bobofit was throwing wads of sandwich that stuck in his curly brown hair, and she knew I couldn't do anything back to her because I was already on probation. The headmaster had threatened me with death by in-school suspension if anything bad, embarrassing, or even mildly entertaining happened on this trip.

"Are they allowed to threaten kids with death," Bobby asked mildly.
"Umm, hello. We are, practically every day. By Lupa. Where have you been the past 8 years?"

"I'm going to kill her," I mumbled.
Grover tried to calm me down. "It's okay. I like peanut butter."
He dodged another piece of Nancy's lunch.
"That's it." I started to get up, but Grover pulled me back to my seat.
"You're already on probation," he reminded me. "You know who'll get blamed if anything happens."
Looking back on it, I wish I'd decked Nancy Bobofit right then and there.

"I wonder what happens?" Hazel questioned.
"Don't we all? That's why we're reading it," I retorted.

In-school suspension would've been nothing compared to the mess I was about to get myself into.
Mr. Brunner led the museum tour.
He rode up front in his wheelchair, guiding us through the big echoey galleries, past marble statues and glass cases full of really old black-and-orange pottery.
It blew my mind that this stuff had survived for two thousand, three thousand years.
He gathered us around a thirteen-foot-tall stone column with a big sphinx on the top, and started telling us how it was a grave marker, a stele, for a girl about our age. He told us about the carvings on the sides. I was trying to listen to what he had to say, because it was kind of interesting, but everybody around me was talking, and every time I told them to shut up, the other teacher chaperone, Mrs. Dodds, would give me the evil eye.

"Oh no, not the evil eye. Anything but the evil eye," Sean screamed pitifully.
Everyone looked at him a bit strangely. Hazel looked like she wanted to strangle him altogether to shut him up.

Mrs. Dodds was this little math teacher from Georgia who always wore a black leather jacket, even though she was fifty years old. She looked mean enough to ride a Harley right into your locker. She had come to Yancy halfway through the year, when our last math teacher had a nervous breakdown.

"Likely story. She was probably a desperate biker who wanted a job. See end of story," Sean said.
I ignored him completely and continued.

From her first day, Mrs. Dodds loved Nancy Bobofit and figured I was devil spawn. She would point her crooked finger at me and say, "Now, honey," real sweet, and I knew I was going to get after-school detention for a month.
One time, after she'd made me erase answers out of old math workbooks until midnight, I told Grover I didn't think Mrs. Dodds was human. He looked at me, real serious, and said, "You're absolutely right."

"What?"

Mr. Brunner kept talking about Greek funeral art.
Finally, Nancy Bobofit snickered something about the naked guy on the stele, and I turned around and said, "Will you shut up?"

"Oh snap, look who's busted now," Gwen commented.

It came out louder than I meant it to.
The whole group laughed. Mr. Brunner stopped his story.
"Mr. Jackson," he said, "did you have a comment?"
My face was totally red. I said, "No, sir."
Mr. Brunner pointed to one of the pictures on the stele. "Perhaps you'll tell us what this picture represents?
I looked at the carving, and felt a flush of relief, because I actually recognized it. "That's Kronos eating his kids, right?"

"Kronos, who's on Earth is Kronos?"
"To us, he is known as Saturn. But to the Greeks… wonder why the book mentions that term instead?"

"Yes," Mr. Brunner said, obviously not satisfied.
"And he did this because ..."
"Well..." I racked my brain to remember. "Kronos was the king god, and—"

"I would like to take this time to make it official. Percy Jackson is now a confirmed idiot. When he comes to camp, I would like to personally hand him the laurel and certificate for biggest loser.

"God?" Mr. Brunner asked.
"Titan," I corrected myself. "And ... he didn't trust his kids, who were the gods. So, um, Kronos ate them, right? But his wife hid baby Zeus, and gave Kronos a rock to eat instead.

"Zeus is Jupiter."
"One of the only times a daughter of Minerva is useful,"
I shoved Bobby on to the ground for the comment, but I will plan the rest of my revenge later.

And later, when Zeus grew up, he tricked his dad, Kronos, into barfing up his brothers and sisters—"
"Eeew!" said one of the girls behind me.
"—and so there was this big fight between the gods and the Titans," I continued, "and the gods won."
Some snickers from the group.
Behind me, Nancy Bobofit mumbled to a friend, "Like we're going to use this in real life. Like it's going to say on our job applications, 'Please explain why Kronos ate his kids.'"

"You never know, mortal girl" I hissed at the book.
"Look who's talking to the book now, and you said I was crazy," Bobby huffed.

"And why, Mr. Jackson," Brunner said, "to paraphrase Miss Bobofit's excellent question, does this matter in real life?"
"Busted," Grover muttered.
"Shut up," Nancy hissed, her face even brighter red than her hair.
At least Nancy got packed, too. Mr. Brunner was the only one who ever caught her saying anything wrong. He had radar ears.
I thought about his question, and shrugged. "I don't know, sir."
"I see." Mr. Brunner looked disappointed. "Well, half credit, Mr. Jackson. Zeus did indeed feed Kronos a mixture of mustard and wine, which made him disgorge his other five children, who, of course, being immortal gods, had been living and growing up completely undigested in the Titan's stomach.

"Sick! Imagine mustard and wine together," Bobby said.
"Of course, only you would think about that instead of the grossness of living inside of someone," I replied.

The gods defeated their father, sliced him to pieces with his own scythe, and scattered his remains in Tartarus, the darkest part of the Underworld. On that happy note, it's time for lunch. Mrs. Dodds, would you lead us back outside?"

"This guy seems bit morbid," Gwen squealed.
"Speaking of lunch, I think it is that very time right now," Sean said, patting his stomach. "See, you can hear my stomach growl."
After a nice, simple meal of pizza and fruit, supposedly the fruit was the healthy part, we went to the shad of the giant oak tree. None of us wanting to read just yet when Dakota, daughter of Mars, strutted to our spot.
The two of us to be best friends but then drifted apart as whe both grew interested in Jason. Jason was oblivious to the obvious tension that always followed around when the two of us were near each other.
"So what do we have here? Ah, a book club. How war like! You guys really know how to embrace Roman tradition and make camp proud," she sneered, as she lifted up the book and looked at it disdainfully. Then on sudden impulse, she threw across the clearing.
"Look here, no one here wants you. So why don't you go back to that snooty little corner where all your friends are. Oh wait, silly me, I forgot. You ain't got friends, have you?" I retorted.
"Harsh," Hazel muttered. I gave her a warning glance but Dakota took this time to spring her fist at me. Luckily my reflexes were quicker than hers, due to more training, and I pinned her down quickly.
"Romans value many things, Above all, loyalty and fair fighting. So watch it,"
"Jason, never loved you Reyna; he loved me" she spat spitefully.
I made a fully 360 degree turn to face her again, "Say that to my face again, you mongrel! Jason cared about me. He never viewed you more than a friend. Besides I don't see you upset by his disappearance. You're just strutting around camp, trying to gain power. Have you been crying your eyes out? He thought of you just as a friend!"
"Ouch, hit below the belt again. Strike 2 for Dakota," Sean cheered.
"I didn't come here to be insulted,"
"Then why?"
"Lupa sent me here to join your book club," she finally admitted.
"No…" Gwen wailed, "now we have someone else who won't stop commenting on the book. How could this day get any worse?"
Luckily, Bobby had volunteered to walk to the other side of the clearing to bring the book back. I continued from where we had left off.

The class drifted off, the girls holding their stomachs, the guys pushing each other around and acting like doofuses.
Grover and I were about to follow when Mr. Brunner said, "Mr. Jackson."
I knew that was coming.
I told Grover to keep going. Then I turned toward Mr. Brunner. "Sir?"
Mr. Brunner had this look that wouldn't let you go— intense brown eyes that could've been a thousand years old and had seen everything.

"He sounds familiar but I can't place my finger on the name." I stated.
"Oh no. The world has come to an end. A daughter of Minerva, not knowing something. Gods save us now." Dakota said dramatically.

"You must learn the answer to my question," Mr. Brunner told me.
"About the Titans?"
"About real life. And how your studies apply to it."
"Oh."
"What you learn from me," he said, "is vitally important. I expect you to treat it as such. I will accept only the best from you, Percy Jackson."
I wanted to get angry, this guy pushed me so hard.

"He only wants you to do your best. He pushes you for a reason," Train said softly, fingering a piece of metal and always playing with it. I figure she got that characteristic from her dad, Vulcan.

I mean, sure, it was kind of cool on tournament days, when he dressed up in a suit of Roman armor and shouted: "What ho!'" and challenged us, sword-point against chalk, to run to the board and name every Greek and Roman person who had ever lived, and their mother, and what god they worshipped.

"Torture," Alice moaned. Of course Alice would think memorizing was torture. I'm surprised she had managed to sit still this far. Normally, she would have run off by now because of her ADD and ADHD.

But Mr. Brunner expected me to be as good as everybody else, despite the fact that I have dyslexia and attention deficit disorder and I had never made above a C— in my life. No—he didn't expect me to be as good; he expected me to be better. And I just couldn't learn all those names and facts, much less spell them correctly.

"A C-," I said, horrified.
"Well, not all of us are geniuses," Hazel grumbled.

I mumbled something about trying harder, while Mr. Brunner took one long sad look at the stele, like he'd been at this girl's funeral.
He told me to go outside and eat my lunch.
The class gathered on the front steps of the museum, where we could watch the foot traffic along Fifth Avenue.
Overhead, a huge storm was brewing, with clouds blacker than I'd ever seen over the city. I figured maybe it was global warming or something, because the weather all across New York State had been weird since Christmas.
We'd had massive snow storms, flooding, wildfires from lightning strikes. I wouldn't have been surprised if this was a hurricane blowing in.

"Why hasn't this been on the news. It seems like Neptune and Jupiter are fighting."
"They're always fighting," Bobby said.
"No, this is more serious." I replied stubbornly.

Nobody else seemed to notice. Some of the guys were pelting pigeons with Lunchables crackers. Nancy Bobofit was trying to pickpocket something from a lady's purse, and, of course, Mrs. Dodds wasn't seeing a thing.
Grover and I sat on the edge of the fountain, away from the others. We thought that maybe if we did that, everybody wouldn't know we were from that school—the school for loser freaks who couldn't make it elsewhere.
"Detention?" Grover asked.
"Nah," I said. "Not from Brunner. I just wish he'd lay off me sometimes. I mean—I'm not a genius."

"We figured that much out ourselves, thank you very much." I said.
Alice gave me a look, just continue it seemed to be saying.

Grover didn't say anything for a while. Then, when I thought he was going to give me some deep philosophical comment to make me feel better, he said, "Can I have your apple?"

"Wow, great friend," Dakota inserted sarcastically.
"Remember what I told you: shut down. I'm being nice you instead of telling you to shut the Pluto up or you'll be sorry," I threatened her.

I didn't have much of an appetite, so I let him take it.
I watched the stream of cabs going down Fifth Avenue, and thought about my mom's apartment, only a little ways uptown from where we sat.
I hadn't seen her since Christmas. I wanted so bad to jump in a taxi and head home. She'd hug me and be glad to see me, but she'd be disappointed, too. She'd send me right back to Yancy, remind me that I had to try harder, even if this was my sixth school in six years and I was probably going to be kicked out again. I wouldn't be able to stand that sad look she'd give me.

"Looks like the punk's mommy's boy," Dakota added quickly before I could say anything else.
Hazel gave her a death glare, which she's pretty good at, well she is the daughter of Pluto.

Mr. Brunner parked his wheelchair at the base of the handicapped ramp. He ate celery while he read a paperback novel. A red umbrella stuck up from the back of his chair, making it look like a motorized cafe table.

"Celery, sounds delicious," Bobby said sarcastically.
"Actually, did you know celery is known for its…" I began.
"Okay, great but not now. Let's move on shall we," Alice added.

I was about to unwrap my sandwich when Nancy Bobofit appeared in front of me with her ugly friends—I guess she'd gotten tired of stealing from the tourists—and dumped her half-eaten lunch in Grover's lap.

"This girl is just plain mean." Gwen sniffed.
"You can say that again, Hazel agreed.
"Okay, this girl is plain mean," Alice said cheekily.
"Not literally," Hazel groaned.

"Oops." She grinned at me with her crooked teeth. Her freckles were orange, as if somebody had spray-painted her face with liquid Cheetos.

"Lovely," Gwen said, scrunching up her nose at the image.

I tried to stay cool. The school counselor had told me a million times, "Count to ten, get control of your temper." But I was so mad my mind went blank. A wave roared in my ears.

"A wave but that means…"
"Wait… this part ought to be good," Sean said, interrupting me.
He wasn't the only one who was eager. Everyone else was on their knees anticipating the next sentence, even Dakota.
I was annoyed, so I decided to read the next part slowly but then rethought the idea after everyone glared at me right in the eye.

I don't remember touching her, but the next thing I knew, Nancy was sitting on her butt in the fountain, screaming, "Percy pushed me!"

"Sweet!" everyone cheered and started high-fiving each other.

Mrs. Dodds materialized next to us.
Some of the kids were whispering: "Did you see—"
"—the water—"
"—like it grabbed her—"
I didn't know what they were talking about. All I knew was that I was in trouble again.

"I wish I was Percy," Sean stated. "Those powers seem cool."

As soon as Mrs. Dodds was sure poor little Nancy was okay, promising to get her a new shirt at the museum gift shop, etc., etc., Mrs. Dodds turned on me. There was a triumphant fire in her eyes, as if I'd done something she'd been waiting for all semester. "Now, honey—"

"Drop the honey thing already, it gives me the creeps," Alice said.

"I know," I grumbled. "A month erasing workbooks."

"Dude, this guy is hilarious," Bobby chortled.

That wasn't the right thing to say.

"No frikkin' duh!"

"Come with me," Mrs. Dodds said.
"Wait!" Grover yelped. "It was me. I pushed her."

"Nice try, Faun but it ain't going to work,"

I stared at him, stunned. I couldn't believe he was trying to cover for me. Mrs. Dodds scared Grover to death.
She glared at him so hard his whiskery chin trembled.
"I don't think so, Mr. Underwood," she said.
"But—"
"You—will—stay—here."
Grover looked at me desperately.
"It's okay, man," I told him. "Thanks for trying."

"Well, he does seem attached to his friend," I said, conceding to the boy's one redeeming quality.

"Honey," Mrs. Dodds barked at me. "Now."
Nancy Bobofit smirked.
I gave her my deluxe I'll-kill-you-later stare.

"Oooohhhh, I'm so scared now," Sean said.

Then I turned to face Mrs. Dodds, but she wasn't there. She was standing at the museum entrance, way at the top of the steps, gesturing impatiently at me to come on.
How'd she get there so fast?
I have moments like that a lot, when my brain falls asleep or something, and the next thing I know I've missed something, as if a puzzle piece fell out of the universe and left me staring at the blank place behind it. The school counselor told me this was part of the ADHD, my brain misinterpreting things.

"That's the opposite of what ADHD does, dumbo!" I scowled.

I wasn't so sure.
I went after Mrs. Dodds.
Halfway up the steps, I glanced back at Grover. He was looking pale, cutting his eyes between me and Mr. Brunner, like he wanted Mr. Brunner to notice what was going on, but Mr. Brunner was absorbed in his novel.
I looked back up. Mrs. Dodds had disappeared again. She was now inside the building, at the end of the entrance hall.
Okay, I thought. She's going to make me buy a new shirt for Nancy at the gift shop.

"You wish that was it,"

But apparently that wasn't the plan.
I followed her deeper into the museum. When I finally caught up to her, we Except for us, the gallery was empty.
Mrs. Dodds stood with her arms crossed in front of a big marble frieze of the Greek gods. She was making this weird noise in her throat, like growling.

"What on Earth," Hazel began but I shushed her quickly.

Even without the noise, I would've been nervous. It's weird being alone with a teacher, especially Mrs. Dodds. Something about the way she looked at the frieze, as if she wanted to pulverize it...
"You've been giving us problems, honey," she said.
I did the safe thing. I said, "Yes, ma'am."
She tugged on the cuffs of her leather jacket. "Did you really think you would get away with it?"

"With what," Dakota interrupted.

"Shut up, then I'll tell you. How else can I read if you keep interrupting!"

The look in her eyes was beyond mad. It was evil.
She's a teacher, I thought nervously. It's not like she's going to hurt me.
I said, "I'll—I'll try harder, ma'am."
Thunder shook the building.
"We are not fools, Percy Jackson," Mrs. Dodds said. "It was only a matter of time before we found you out. Confess, and you will suffer less pain."
I didn't know what she was talking about.

'I know how it feels, man. What with, these girls and all," Sean shook his head sadly.
"That's not even close to what we're talking about," I said, really irritated.

All I could think of was that the teachers must've found the illegal stash of candy I'd been selling out of my dorm room.
Or maybe they'd realized I got my essay on Tom Sawyer from the Internet without ever reading the book and now they were going to take away my grade. Or worse, they were going to make me read the book.

"Wow," I said sarcastically. Everyone looked at me in surprise, but I couldn't help but say that comment.

"Well?" she demanded.
"Ma'am, I don't..."
"Your time is up," she hissed.
Then the weirdest thing happened. Her eyes began to glow like barbecue coals. Her fingers stretched, turning into talons. Her jacket melted into large, leathery wings. She wasn't human. She was a shriveled hag with bat wings and claws and a mouth full of yellow fangs, and she was about to slice me to ribbons.

"A dirae, at school, but how? That's not possible. Not possible at all. The boy hasn't even been through training yet. There is no way he can survive this. He has such horrible luck."
Dakota said menacingly, "Way to go Hazel! Looks like your dad sent this kid to be killed. You must be so proud."
"My dad is much more powerful than your dad can even think about. That should be awfully easy cause your dad only has one mode: fight. It's like he's programmed that way," Hazel quivered, her small body shaking.
"You go girl," Train and Alice shouted.

Then things got even stranger.
Mr. Brunner, who'd been out in front of the museum a minute before, wheeled his chair into the doorway of the gallery, holding a pen in his hand.
"What ho, Percy!" he shouted, and tossed the pen through the air.

"A pen?" Bobby asked skeptically.
I paused quickly before I continued, "Probably magic item."

Mrs. Dodds lunged at me.
With a yelp, I dodged and felt talons slash the air next to my ear. I snatched the ballpoint pen out of the air, but when it hit my hand, it wasn't a pen anymore. It was a sword—Mr. Brunner's bronze sword, which he always used on tournament day.
Mrs. Dodds spun toward me with a murderous look in her eyes.
My knees were jelly. My hands were shaking so bad I almost dropped the sword.
She snarled, "Die, honey!"
And she flew straight at me.
Absolute terror ran through my body. I did the only thing that came naturally: I swung the sword.
The metal blade hit her shoulder and passed clean through her body as if she were made of water. Hisss!
Mrs. Dodds was a sand castle in a power fan. She exploded into yellow powder, vaporized on the spot, leaving nothing but the smell of sulfur and a dying screech and a chill of evil in the air, as if those two glowing red eyes were still watching me.

Everyone was in stunned silence.
"How on Earth did he do that?" all of the others queried.

I was alone.
There was a ballpoint pen in my hand.
Mr. Brunner wasn't there. Nobody was there but me.
My hands were still trembling. My lunch must've been contaminated with magic mushrooms or something.

"Apparently he doesn't know either."

Had I imagined the whole thing?
I went back outside.
It had started to rain.
Grover was sitting by the fountain, a museum map tented over his head. Nancy Bobofit was still standing there, soaked from her swim in the fountain, grumbling to her ugly friends. When she saw me, she said, "I hope Mrs. Kerr whipped your butt."
I said, "Who?"
"Yeah, who,"
He's still being affected by the Mist.

"Our teacher. Duh!"
I blinked. We had no teacher named Mrs. Kerr. I asked Nancy what she was talking about.
She just rolled her eyes and turned away.
I asked Grover where Mrs. Dodds was.
He said, "Who?"
But he paused first, and he wouldn't look at me, so I thought he was messing with me.

"Such a bad liar," Sean said, shaking his head sadly.

"Not funny, man," I told him. "This is serious."
Thunder boomed overhead.
I saw Mr. Brunner sitting under his red umbrella, reading his book, as if he'd never moved.
I went over to him.
He looked up, a little distracted. "Ah, that would be my pen. Please bring your own writing utensil in the future, Mr. Jackson."

"Now that's what I call a good liar."

I handed Mr. Brunner his pen. I hadn't even realized I was still holding it.
"Sir," I said, "where's Mrs. Dodds?"
He stared at me blankly. "Who?"
"The other chaperone. Mrs. Dodds. The pre-algebra teacher."
He frowned and sat forward, looking mildly concerned. "Percy, there is no Mrs. Dodds on this trip. As far as I know, there has never been a Mrs. Dodds at Yancy Academy. Are you feeling all right?"

"End of chapter one," I announced.
Suddenly, a girl came rushing. Jay Parker I think.
"Reyna, hurry. Lupa's calling you. Says it's an emergency. She's at the boundary," she panted
"Thanks Jay," I managed before I hurried off with my friends.
Lupa was sitting there with a handsome, teenage boy. A year or two older than me, but he was unconscious.
"Quick, get some water to splash on his face," I commanded.
Bobby splashed a whole bucketful. I could see the blood return into the boy's face. Much better than a normal body would recover, for that matter, even better than other demigod bodies.
His eyes flickered open and I saw myself staring into deep, gorgeous sea green eyes.
"Who are you," I whispered softly.
He said slowly, "Me, my name is Percy Jackson...I think it is anyway, yeah Percy Jackson that's it."

Waht did you guys think. Love it, hate it or in the middle. Either way please comment.
last edited over a year ago
Well unless I'm mistaken its Friday, the day I promised a New chapter well here it is.

Chapter Two
over a year ago percyjason said…
smile
AWESOMEEE!!!!!!
Can u Post 2 times per week? plz plz plz plz plz
over a year ago Fan_of_Fiction said…
Cool Chapters. Left Percy as the cliffhanger good choice
heart
AWESOME! I've fallen in love with this fanfic. It's like a combination of SoN and Someone Reads. And you do both admirably. Expect props.
over a year ago percyjason said…
smile
cliffhanger is awesome
over a year ago wierdo2 said…
angry
With all due respect,on fanfiction there's one just like this already w/ a charachter named Train.So unless your UNoWhoOwnsFanfiction this is not your fanfiction and thats not cool or in the spirit of fanpop
last edited over a year ago
cool
And dont try to deny it its word for word to this
Dont believe me check:
link
over a year ago green-art-ac-pj said…
I waz gonna say jus wat weirdo2 was saying....I really like that one an stuff and whatever everyone says
over a year ago greekgirlA said…
kiss
damn this is good post
over a year ago ahotsummerday12 said…
smile
I agree with weirdo2 do you have a fanfiction?
over a year ago cro0010 said…
heart
That was awesome!Could you maybe, possibly,... post twice a week?
cool
hey i noticed somthin.
he ant post'in cause we r reading it all on the othre place. or is that just me?
over a year ago MaximumRide12 said…
Sweet! Percy! Amazing! Post soon!
over a year ago Athena_girl11 said…
smile
Post soon. Love it!!
gys just hit the link wierdo posted
over a year ago pink-bookworm said…
Omg this is awesome, great combo between son and them reading a fanfiction.
over a year ago Athenabeth said…
Is he UNoWHoOwnsFanfiction? cause a lot of people post their story on both sites.if he isn't its really mean to copy someone else's work
over a year ago pjlover212051 said…
post soon
over a year ago kirby624 said…
cake
AWESOMENESS!
over a year ago cApsLock1 said…
ugh! this one is deserted too man! why are all the good ones deserted?
because this one was copied and pasted from FF.net!
over a year ago darkrai6543 said…
crying
where!? i need to know!post the link please!
I posted it on the first page but I'm to lazy to repost it so check the 1rst page
over a year ago greekgodess101 said…
heart
<3!!!! Amazing!!!