Buffy the Vampire Slayer SLAYERFEST 2008: The First Official Fanpop Buffy Video Contest

Cinders posted on Mar 19, 2008 at 05:17AM
Welcome all to the first Slayerfest 2008! The link has already been chosen!

I will be the organizer for this contest. I haven't decided if I want to participate or not yet. Depending on that, I may also tally the votes. If I decide to participate, I'll need a volunteer to tally votes for me.

RULES

Here's how it works: If you want to participate, make a video pertinent to the theme and upload it to the spot so everyone can watch it. We will accept videos in the two weeks between March 31st to Midnight PST April 14th. Voting will begin April 15th and end Midnight PST April 22nd.

Categories

Best Song Choice:
Best Editing:
Best Effects:
Best Wild Card*:
Best Overall:

The "wild card" category will be announced AFTER all the videos have been submitted and will relate somehow to the theme, and a common trend among the videos.

To vote, send a private ballot to me (until further notice) with a vote in each category. You can choose not to vote for certain categories, but I would appreciate it if you voted in every category. You may only send your ballot once, so if you decide not to vote in a category, and want to vote in it later, or if you want to change your vote, you cannot do so. Sorry.

What do I get if I win?
Bragging rights. Plus, a personal banner and icon that will be added to the spot and you can use in your profile so everyone will respect you more. There will be a second and third place for each category. Second and Third Place will get their own icons, but no spiffy banner.

ATTENTION LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE BUFFY VIDEO CONTEST HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN!!!

It is May 11, 2008. The theme of this month's contest is Halloween. Your mission: To create a badass Buffy Halloween fan video. It can be funny, it can be scary, it just has to have something to do with Halloween.

What we need: I volunteer to make the banner prizes, however, as I would like to participate, I will need someone to volunteer to receive and count the votes for each category. That's it. Only one person needs to miss out on the fun.

THE DEADLINE: You will need to submit your video by midnight, May 25th, 2008 PST. Submit your video to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spot and then link to it on this forum. I will compile a list of all the videos in the first post of this thread. On May 26th at 12:01 AM PST, voting will begin. This means that you can watch the videos and then send in your votes for each category to (Insert Vote-Counter's Name Here).

On June 11th, the vote counter will announce the winner, and I will make their prizes.

Questions?

THEN ASK BELOW!
last edited on May 15, 2008 at 07:38AM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 13 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago x-missmckena-x said…
so will they be added onto this site? and how do we know whats for the contest, and whats just a random video uploaded? i havent got any of the equipment to make them but id like to see them all and make votes on them! do you get what im asking?
over a year ago Cinders said…
The artist should say "For the FOFBVC" in the title or description of the video.
over a year ago amazondebs said…
are there any definite contestants yet? i think gategod makes his/her own stuff but i don't see a lot of them around,
over a year ago scififan said…
Hey fellow vidders!! I found a site that has some buffy clips from all 7 seasons!! link

Click on episodes in the upper left and then just select the episode you want to find clips for...

Angel eps too!!

Very excited about the contest Cinders!!
over a year ago scififan said…
wait...I lied...they are dialogue clips :( As in a transcript of a small section of the ep...not vid clips....very sad now...sorry everyone :(
awww :'(

*goes to find clips or figure out a way to use dvds*
over a year ago i_luv_spike said…
can the vids be about anything
i think there a vote on a theme, but one theme doesn't mean it has to be specifically that, you look for something else with in i mean hunger and musicals are pretty felixble
ALRIGHT!!!

ATTENTION LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE BUFFY VIDEO CONTEST HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN!!!

It is May 11, 2008. The theme of this month's contest is Halloween. Your mission: To create a badass Buffy Halloween fan video. It can be funny, it can be scary, it just has to have something to do with Halloween.

What we need: I volunteer to make the banner prizes, however, as I would like to participate, I will need someone to volunteer to receive and count the votes for each category. That's it. Only one person needs to miss out on the fun.

THE DEADLINE: You will need to submit your video by midnight, May 25th, 2008 PST. Submit your video to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spot and then link to it on this forum. I will compile a list of all the videos in the first post of this thread. On May 26th at 12:01 AM PST, voting will begin. This means that you can watch the videos and then send in your votes for each category to (Insert Vote-Counter's Name Here).

On June 11th, the vote counter will announce the winner, and I will make their prizes.

This will now be edited into the first post in this thread.
ATTENTION FANPOPPERS! THE BUFFY VIDEO CONTEST IS STILL OPEN!

I'm just putting up that sign in case people actually want to do it this time around. The deadlines will be different, but I'll determine that when we get videos.

SO PLEASE MAKE SOME HALLOWEEN BUFFY VIDEOS! PLEASE?
over a year ago LovingLucy said…
Is this still open?
YES. Or, rather, I think we should start it up again. However, I am horribly busy right now. Give me... three days, and I'll see if I can get it together. BUT if you want to help out, go around the spot and whip up some interest, because as you can see, no one submitted any videos last time, so I want to make sure it's something people would participate in.
over a year ago LovingLucy said…
I'm in!